How do you cut wires?

I use a Dremmel, well actually a Black&Decker equivalent, to get a nice clean cut on brake cables. Can be used on gear cable but sparks may fly ;)

Since you included lasses as well - Silverline wire cutters - present from my son but they're pretty cheap anyway!

been through way too much stress cutting cables with pliers etc so bought myself some proper cable cutters.. best tool i ever bought in terms of stress relief :cool: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Decent stand, a set of Allen keys and a proper pair of cable cutters...All you need. Forsake that posh seatpost. Forget that pretty but ultimately rubbish rear mech. Buy the tools!!!

Shimano Cable cutters @ about £24

Decent electrcians cutters are fine for the cable - it's the cable outers that the Shimano's do fantasticlly well. They don't crush the outer at all. Money well spent.

After cut with cheap tool, finish with crazy glue (super bonder).

"Sorry about my English, I am from Brazil!!

Proper Park cutters are the best for cable and housing. However, I take a mini torch, clamp a set of needle-nose vice grips to the end of the cable, heat the cable where I want to cut it, and twist the pliers when it is hot enough... Cuts and brazes the cable at the same time. :) Just don't burn up your nice new paint job or tires, etc. while your doing it!! :shock:

Back