Can’t shift to largest 26t cog with Tiso derailleur (M970 shifters 9 sp sram cassette)

ibbz

Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Karma King
Dyna-Tech Fan
Feedback
View
For some strange reason my derailleur doesn’t move at all past the second to largest cog - even with the L limit screw more or less out (I’ll need to triple check ) and the cable tensioned a lot. Even physically moving the derailleur it simply doesn’t move at all beyond cog 8 (2nd largest)
I thought this was a 9 speed (see link from Disraeli gears below) but even if it wasn’t that shouldn’t stop it from moving to the 26t largest cog (the limit is 27t for this)
I guess I’m doing something wrong
Any help or suggestions ?
It’s a Shimano M970 shifter 9 sp
Or is this only compatible with Road shifters ??

Have a look where the end of the limit screw hits on the cage, you may have to flip the bike over to see it. Is there any room left to move or is it metal to metal?

Have a look where the end of the limit screw hits on the cage, you may have to flip the bike over to see it. Is there any room left to move or is it metal to metal?
Limit screw is out and the derailleur dining doesn’t move any more inwards.
Strange as it shifts nicely from smallest to second largest and then doesn’t even move
9AE620EC-86FC-43D2-8986-A7A2AD415CA0.jpeg
Never heard of this before
It’s an Altore 366 which is Shimano and assume it’s 9sp
I’ve attached pics - is the hanger bent or issue with set up here ?
7FC0887B-8304-4D8D-BFB2-7A1A41DD37F4.jpeg

Wondering whether the B limit screw will do anything in this case ?

If it's not the parallelogram running out of travel then is it the cage & chain hitting the top cog? Dial in a bit more tension on the B screw to give more clearance.

If it's not the parallelogram running out of travel then is it the cage & chain hitting the top cog? Dial in a bit more tension on the B screw to give more clearance.
I’ll do that and update!!

Yes it was this issue - seemingly. There was limited clearance and the chain was stopping the mech - I screwed it in and suddenly the mech was starting to shift inwards - then thing is I lost the tiny Allen key while screwing it in - it fell and got lost - one of those days! It’s there somewhere but grass and concrete are disguising the little bugger -

Yes it was this issue - seemingly. There was limited clearance and the chain was stopping the mech - I screwed it in and suddenly the mech was starting to shift inwards - then thing is I lost the tiny Allen key while screwing it in - it fell and got lost - one of those days! It’s there somewhere but grass and concrete are disguising the little bugger -
Hope you find it 👍 Chain length can hinder the shift too if it is a bit too long. A shorter chain will pull the jockey wheel down away from the cassette. Looks like this mech can handle 27T max so at 26T your're getting close to the limit of what it will do. Still possible but everything needs to be set up spot on.

If it's steel, can you use a magnet to find it?

Back