How can I get rid of the REALLY annoying Teisseire ad?

Re: Re:

REKIBorter":30a63q9x said:
This shows how many requests from analystics, social networks, etc are on the main forum page. Stats care of Kaspersky Total Security.

What does this mean?

It's how much superfluous traffic the page is generating.

Each of those extra items needs internet bandwidth and processor power.

I know one of my oldest laptops won't work on certain sites without adblock installed, there simply isn't enough processing power available.

Re:

Modern flash ads are starting to kill things off again, like they used to when the first came out. Brought pages to a crawl and connection bitd where still slow.

If you use the eBay search you'll need to allow it to run on that page.

mattr":3r63v05m said:
It's how much superfluous traffic the page is generating.

Each of those extra items needs internet bandwidth and processor power.

I know one of my oldest laptops won't work on certain sites without adblock installed, there simply isn't enough processing power available.

Thank you. Enlightening.

Re:

If it is the main front page then it is the pull (social) to Facebook, Twiter, Google+, Strava, Instagram, Flicker which adds information or just an icon link.
Then the adverts of course.

I rearly use the front page, just go direct to the forum and use a mobile skin (a simple one advert, but a pain for real typing of posts).

But even on this slow (512Mb hotel 'broadband') connection the main parts and link load withing 10 or so seconds and the rest that isn't needed to crawls it's way through.

Back