Hope hub spacing (disc and cassette)

A_Venables

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I’m building a new (old parts) bike and using a wheel set with Hope XC disc hubs. I have thought about having a couple of wheel sets for this bike so I can easily change for different tyres for different riding and also use on a turbo trainer. Question is, can I buy an old Hope wheel set using different to the XC hubs I have currently (Pro 2/4), use the same discs and cassette and everything would line up with out having to alter the settings on the rear mech and disc calliper? Or do I have to look for a wheel set with XC hubs again?

You should be fine as long as the tolerances are good between the hubs. The reality is that you should not even have to stick with hope if you did t want to (great hubs though). I would personally be wary of losening and tightening the rotor bolts on a hub too frequently, why not have a wheel set ready to fit with rotors and cassette already fitted?

You should be fine as long as the tolerances are good between the hubs. The reality is that you should not even have to stick with hope if you did t want to (great hubs though). I would personally be wary of losening and tightening the rotor bolts on a hub too frequently, why not have a wheel set ready to fit with rotors and cassette already fitted?
That’s what I was looking at doing, having a couple of sets of wheels with the same make/model rotors and cassettes mounted and that will stay, just swapping the whole wheel, not rotors and cassettes every time.
Years ago I tried this with a set of Chris King hubs and a set of wheels with Hope hubs and they were different.

Back