Hope disc timeline

Re:

The two sets of top hat spacers are both Big Un, check the purple Big un's that Kase is selling (purple hubs, silver spacers) got to admit I hadn't seen them before either....

Ill take a look see :)

If you mean the two 13mm ones in red then theyre for the front solid axle quick release. In the pile were the front nd rear big un solid alloy axles and the 2 top hats fit the front. Im not sure though if i have the rear spacers :? I think one of them is a standard size ,the other is wider bore :?

I was under the impression Trev was emigrating :? Not just off on an extended wander

Was wondering ,was there a specific spacer that goes between the bearing and caliper mounting bracket ( mk2) on the hope ti splined front hub ?, I've just put a 4mm washer on at moment ( just doing a mock build before I get frame re sprayed

I think the mounting bracked usually has a removable bit built in based on the fork it is to be used with.

nobby the sheep":3qnm5snt said:
Was wondering ,was there a specific spacer that goes between the bearing and caliper mounting bracket ( mk2) on the hope ti splined front hub ?, I've just put a 4mm washer on at moment ( just doing a mock build before I get frame re sprayed

There is yes and its 4mm. I have a couple but not for sale. I couldnt ask much but theyre really rare so best retaining bits like that :?

If youre using a washer as a spacer it would need to sit against the bearing outer edge not over it so an exact fit would be required.
Also to get a better grip,If you have a bench vice you can 'squeeze' a serrated pattern on it for grip,if the vice jaws are serrated(+ they usually are)

Re:

Andy

The spacers I was referring to are top left and are the 20mm by 14 etc in silver and black. The black are aftermarket for the 100mm big in front conversion from standard to 20mm bolt thru and the silver are for the 110 bolt thru which was standard for some models...

That would explain the difference in the lengths....

If you scour the archives you'll see hope advertising the 100 and 110mm hubs seperately!

I just wanted to say thank you to all the contributors to this thread. I have recently acquired a Dave Lloyd CATSWISKAS that originally had a Hope mechanical rear disc set-up. I hope to return it to its original specification one day and this thread has been a great resource. (Shameless plug - I have just put an advert in the Wanted section for any early Hope mechanical disc parts - please let me know if you have anything.) A previous owner of my CATS gave me the following article which I haven't seen elsewhere. I thought it was relevant to this thread, so here it is.

18053659285_fdb8fd82b3_b.jpg

17867416529_ecd8d02085_b.jpg

18054540151_0d9cc51d38_b.jpg

Great find, any idea what magazine and month that article is from? it might have been the one that made be bite the bullet.

I have asked - magazine and month unknown I'm afraid... glad it is of interest though :)

It is and it gives me more info on the high flange early hope i have.
Ive a screw on splined for disc, think its 48h :? Trev told me it was one of the prototypes and as ive a couple of other hope tandem hubs i had wondered what the deal was with them, especially in light of the 3 bolt floating rotors that i know ive seen somewhere in an article pictured on a tandem.

OMG see if i had access to every technical document held by hope id be a happy bunny :D

It could be worse. Raleigh took their entire archive and tossed it in a skip. Try finding out about old Raleigh :shock:

Back