Ill do a description later.

Attachments

• Hope Timeline through design changes 007 (Custom).JPG
    Hope Timeline through design changes 007 (Custom).JPG
    107.4 KB · Views: 628
  • Hope Timeline through design changes 014 (Custom).JPG
    Hope Timeline through design changes 014 (Custom).JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 628
I feel there is someone in Hope's design office overflowing with enthusiasm :LOL:

and we know theres even more rotor designs than this :LOL:

Attachments

• Hope Timeline through design changes 019 (Custom).JPG
    Hope Timeline through design changes 019 (Custom).JPG
    97 KB · Views: 615
More pics to add

If anyone can identify which spacers are for what i can add the details to the pic. These are the larger bore. I also a large amount of the standard spacers(Mtb and Road) so ill do another pic with those later on

Also am making up a board with the Hope calipers on it(you know, like those tacky fishing/sailing knots pics :LOL:)
Ive calipers 1 through 10 (appears not be no No9) and a few odd ones.
Ill probably spray them all matt black to make them easier to see detail and differences.

Again, if anyone has details of what fitting/fork/etc the calipers are for ,please feel free to save me some time :)

Update-
The top two 20mm in silver are for bulb/ They appear to fit both the modern 6 and original 5 bolt hubs. They also utilize the same circlips for holding them in as the Pro 2. So thats handy :D

The two 20mm in black sitting to their immediate right are i think Big Un ,again it looks like the same clips off the pro 2 fit them.

Below the big un 20mm spacers for sure 150mm bulb 15mm bolt through(might be 12mm ,ill measure them again.

The 3 big red ones inc the 2 with bearings are for big un but the shaft has been cut through. A prototype set up for bolt through spacers without having to have a shaft like the QR adaptors, seen mostly on the bulb(big un has them also) Interesting to have :? Pre bolt through try outs :?

The two identical red ones below that are Big un solid axle spacers, ive the rear axle also so might find those spacers in the pile somewhere.

The thin(6,7,8mm) by 15 the chaps says theyre prototypes also or might be for something he cant remember :LOL:
Should have sent a fking manual with this lot :LOL:

Attachments

• Hope Hub End Spacers 011 (Custom).JPG
    Hope Hub End Spacers 011 (Custom).JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 589
Heres the caliper list as it stands at the mo.
Ive stripped them all for a bit of uniformity but the results are a bit hit/miss so may spray them all matt black before mounting them all on a board, with frame and maybe glass too :shock:
Something for the bike room wall :D

Attachments

• Hope No4 caliper 48mm 007 (Custom).JPG
    Hope No4 caliper 48mm 007 (Custom).JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 560
dyna-ti":3gas1aag said:
More pics to add

If anyone can identify which spacers are for what i can add the details to the pic. These are the larger bore. I also a large amount of the standard spacers(Mtb and Road) so ill do another pic with those later on

Also am making up a board with the Hope calipers on it(you know, like those tacky fishing/sailing knots pics :LOL:)
Ive calipers 1 through 10 (appears not be no No9) and a few odd ones.
Ill probably spray them all matt black to make them easier to see detail and differences.

Again, if anyone has details of what fitting/fork/etc the calipers are for ,please feel free to save me some time :)

Update-
The top two 20mm in silver are for bulb/ They appear to fit both the modern 6 and original 5 bolt hubs. They also utilize the same circlips for holding them in as the Pro 2. So thats handy :D

The two 20mm in black sitting to their immediate right are i think Big Un ,again it looks like the same clips off the pro 2 fit them.

Below the big un 20mm spacers for sure 150mm bulb 15mm bolt through(might be 12mm ,ill measure them again.

The 3 big red ones inc the 2 with bearings are for big un but the shaft has been cut through. A prototype set up for bolt through spacers without having to have a shaft like the QR adaptors, seen mostly on the bulb(big un has them also) Interesting to have :? Pre bolt through try outs :?

The two identical red ones below that are Big un solid axle spacers, ive the rear axle also so might find those spacers in the pile somewhere.

The thin(6,7,8mm) by 15 the chaps says theyre prototypes also or might be for something he cant remember :LOL:
Should have sent a fking manual with this lot :LOL:

hmm bottom right, want to swap it for a silver one? they are actually spacers for the non cassette side of a shortend 120mm axle for number 2 caliper

ah no those ones arent :? I know the wee ones youre talking about as ive a couple here. Theyre 4 mm and both silver i afraid :) The 6.7.8mm ones as far as i can make out are for a bolt through something :?

Got a mk 1 and rear red hubed wheel just waiting for postie to fetch me a ti splined up and mk2 caliper ,I'll finally be able to build up my 91 clockwork with rc35's ,saying build it up it'll be a mock build then strip it till I can find someone to re spray .found out loads more of this thread than I thought I knew about hope brakes

^^ :D Well thats what its here for :cool: Though we've still a ways to go.
Hopes own archive has been improved and theres a good amount of info for servicing yourself. Still no sign of that elusive Big Un exploded diagram or manual
Personally i dont think they exist :shock:

The Ken":2vkr5z98 said:
Not looked here for a while andy - Could those be a 20mm conversion kit for a big un?

I think you're right TK. They dont seem to go anywhere else and theres a finite choice of hubs :?

I really must get the Caliper board finished, but swopping workshops and everythings all boxed up. I will get it done eventually.I made an attempt to fill the HOPE cnc cut in logo with epoxy putty to highlight the name, but its not worked too well, and its a nightmare to remove.

Some time :oops:

Back