Hope cranks, any good?

ishaw

Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I like hope stuff, don't know much about their cranks but I like the look of them. I know earlier ones require tools and are more complicated to fit, so really thinking about the Evo version.

I have some ethirteen lgr carbon cranks for my build, but am drawn to the hope cranks every time I see them. Would they be considered better than the lgrs?

I'm out of my depth on modern stuff but every day is a school day.

I’m a huge fan of mine, know what you mean about installation tho but they do have (most of) the tools required. They do look fantastic too, but I’m like you as in I’m a Hope fan and have always loved a bit of bling CNC.

Hated the original ones. So much unnecessary faff even with the tools. Mine came on a bike and had to buy all the tools, grrr. Ditched them for GX when I went to Eagle. Sold them and paid for two thirds the total upgrade cost.

Newer ones look easier but don’t think they add anything over e13. Plus replacement rings are expensive and proprietary fit.

Have the 155mm ebike ones though and they are great. No special tools though as ISIS fit.

Not better, you'd really need to *want* hope cranks to justify them over what you've already got, or indeed a set of deore xt.

Thanks for the opinions, I think sticking to the e13 is probably more budget friendly and no gain other than the CNC bling factor.

From what I've read there's cheaper that do as good a job and similar priced cranks that are lighter. That's nothing new though and Hope stuff is ace. When is a Hope purchase simply a performance decision?

Back