Hope cassette latest

These new gizmos will be bought by the early adopters with the disposable income to afford them.
They will be sold by the companies to the pro wannabes who dream of hucking off the highest drop and take the sickest line to the next gnarliest jump. These 'kids' can't afford them.
The early adopter buyers will be those who want to look good at the trail centre cafe.

Back to the hub. I don't really get this, the only problem I ever have at the back is cassette wear. Isn't this just going to make things worse?

K.I.S.S........

stewlewis":1xspmt53 said:
Back to the hub. I don't really get this, the only problem I ever have at the back is cassette wear. Isn't this just going to make things worse?

This is what I'm itching to find out - to see what happens basically...

And whether it even gets beyond prototype stage.

Exactly so a 9th will wear faster a good business plan if people want it. To me it seems pretty niche for thiose who want 1x10 but want to be able to keep up on the flats/downhill. Most people who want to keep up downhill/on the flat will run 2x9/10 or a triple chainset.

cyfa2809":21qb74x0 said:
stewlewis":21qb74x0 said:
DHers want stuff that looks cool. And may believe the hype.
Companies want to sell you stuff that's 'new' and 'the next best thing ever' that'll keep you coming back to them for spares for the sprockets with less teeth in lightweight metal that'll be ideal on your 1x10 setup with that ultra thin chain at those crazy extreme chainlines that'll wear out quicker so they can sell you one of those too.

I concur.

As do I.

Hope would have been better off coming up with a decent, tough and reliable 3x8 setup, rather than joining in with all this top trumps nonsense. We all know Shimano and the like should have stopped at 8 speed. Hope should try to capture a different market i.e. the people who know all this 10 speed stuff is feckin stupid!!!

stewlewis":1t01agi6 said:
Suspension is great, but forks costing more than a decent whole bike, rear designs adding more linkages and bearings to go wrong, more travel so we can build rockier and more uneven trails, I'm just not seeing the point with most of this evolution.

bm0p700f":1t01agi6 said:
I agree, I like riding. I don't feel the need to ride over very rocky uneven trails. Riding does not have to be extreme all the time.

I think the point was that you have to ride over increasingly rocky and un-even trails because suspension is getting increasingly better. If you ride the same trails you rode 20 years ago on a modern 6" full susser, well, you may aswell just ride a road bike on the road. In fact a road bike on the road would probably be a bumpier ride :LOL:

Back