Hope brake adapter help

Ok, what I've ended up with are 203mm discs, I found them in a box. The rear fits ok, although it looks like there may be room for a 205mm? The front however needed a washer under the adaptor to clear the 203, so maybe a 200mm would be correct?
The bike, on one bootzipper, came with 180 front with a 20 mm spacer, so 160 posts? The rear came as a 160mm direct on the posts.
It doesn't make any sense,but they look great and work well.
That's just sometimes the way isn't it? It defies logic, but you find a solution or work around, and you add it to the list of weird solutions that got you out of a jam.

The Caliper numbers should be on the back side of the lower mounting bolt, they are the 00 size however I wonder if you have a 3 (IS) and a 6 (Boxxer Fit) which is a different 51mm mounting and would fit an IS mount but would move the Caliper out from the disk and not contact it properly

The reason I say this is visually the 2 Calipers are not identical which makes me think it’s a 3 & 6 as opposed to a 3 & 5 (both IS just longer / shorter lower mounts) or a 3 &8 (again one longer / one shorter mount)

Bigger rotors are better. Cant have too much stopping distance on tap.

I know of a chap who has Hope mono 6 on his gravel bike. A bit overkill some might say, but again, better to have than want.

Last edited:
The Caliper numbers should be on the back side of the lower mounting bolt, they are the 00 size however I wonder if you have a 3 (IS) and a 6 (Boxxer Fit) which is a different 51mm mounting and would fit an IS mount but would move the Caliper out from the disk and not contact it properly

The reason I say this is visually the 2 Calipers are not identical which makes me think it’s a 3 & 6 as opposed to a 3 & 5 (both IS just longer / shorter lower mounts) or a 3 &8 (again one longer / one shorter mount)
I hadn't even noticed that they weren't the same? One of them is a number 3, I'll have a look and see what the other one is.
Maybe then if I swap them over, front to rear, they might make sense?

Ok so the mismatched numbers is out, yes suspect they are different years / batches which means the issue is in the post mount, sometimes a shim under that will lift the Caliper to where it’s needed… I had to shim my 200 rear out as it hit with just the adaptor and brake fitted

You can see in the second picture that I've fitted a washer under the adaptor. It works fine, but if I was being picky, I'd say it only needs it under one end, as the rotor is closer to one end of the caliper than the other.
I'll have a proper investigation in the winter during a service, for the moment I'm just riding it to work and enjoying it.
Thanks for all the advice guys.

I bought the same brakes for my build back fits great but fitting to fox 40 forks and I think they must be both rears as it sits to hi even with a 220mm rotor.
On the hunt for a front caliper now.

Attachments

• 20220916_150753.jpg
    20220916_150753.jpg
    318.5 KB · Views: 4
I bought the same brakes for my build back fits great but fitting to fox 40 forks and I think they must be both rears as it sits to hi even with a 220mm rotor.
On the hunt for a front caliper now.
That's a bigger, I thought you could get an adaptor to change the mount position, like this sort of thing.
Shimano_Scheibenbrems-Adapter_203mm_von_IS-Bremssattel_auf_Boxxer-Gabel[1920x1920].jpg

Back