Hope brake adapter help

grey-beard

Orange 🍊 Fan
Hi,
I've just bought a set of Hope mono M4 brakes, thanks whiskytownracer, but didn't give any thought to the fact that these are IS mount and the bike I plan on fitting them too is post mount front and rear. It currently has SRAM level.
I pretty sure that this adapter below is correct, but would like some confirmation, would it be the same front and rear, different rotor size though.
Cheers.
IMG_20220612_181823.jpg
IMG_20220802_084252.jpg

Yes for the front(HBSM20H), and yes to adding 20mm to the rotor size, but no to the rear, for that you need a different adaptor, -HBIS20. It also increases the rotor by 20mm.

EDIT - I hadn't noticed it was PM rear as well - must be a modern affair. So the adaptor i quoted is wrong. Sorry
Hope adaptor chart here.

I dont actually know of a post to is rear, so Ciderlad is more than likely correct

Last edited:
I have exactly the same set up on my Intense M1 and i’m sure its the same IS +20mm adapter front and rear, i’ll check later!

One of the trickier frame mount-to-caliper combinations to find information on.

The aforementioned mount should work assuming 160mm post mounts on your frame, and that you intend on using a 180mm rotor. Hopefully you don't run into any issues with caliper clearance if the brake mounts are on the chainstay (rather than on the seat stay).

For those that stumble across adaptor options for this combo in the future, KCNC make a Post > IS adaptors to suit this combo.

https://clee-cycles.co.uk/P1043/product

Below is a 160mm rear Shimano M755 caliper on 180mm post mounts with a 203mm rotor.

Attachments

• DSC_1832-1024x576.jpeg
    DSC_1832-1024x576.jpeg
    117.9 KB · Views: 9
So I finally got around to fitting the brakes, front is fine, adapter and 200mm disc, works a treat, the rear however, same adapter, looks like it'll also need a 200mm? I removed the SRAM brakes and 160mm rotor, presuming that a 180 would work, but no. It's during me mental. I'll take a pic. I'll try the front rotor for size before heading off to find a another, bugger.

Back