Hope brake adapter help

I've tried, the curved part of the adaptor hits the caliper piston bit, big rotors all around then.
Oh drat!
I was thinking the adaptor might just kiss the lower part of the frame mount (which could be addressed with some filing) but that other piston poses a problem.

Big boy rotors it is!

The Hope IS calipers came in different sizes. What numbers are your front and rear calipers? That pair might have been chosen to run the same rotors front and rear on an IS frame and fork, where the frame normally runs 20mm smaller than the front.

The Hope IS calipers came in different sizes. What numbers are your front and rear calipers? That pair might have been chosen to run the same rotors front and rear on an IS frame and fork, where the frame normally runs 20mm smaller than the front.
I think they're both a number 3? I'll check when I get home next week. It's interesting that they state 205 185 dusc size, not 200 180? It feels like the 203 that I have isn't quite big enough.

Make sure you have the right size disks - there are Calipers for 185 / 183 and 180 at various points in the Hope timeline

Ii think these were the 00 size because I had to drop my front from a 205 to a 200 to move to the mono style Caliper

o I finally got around to fitting the brakes, front is fine, adapter and 200mm disc, works a treat, the rear however, same adapter, looks like it'll also need a 200mm? I removed the SRAM brakes and 160mm rotor, presuming that a 180 would work, but no
Im trying to think. Normally the rear of a standard bike would be 145mm, or 165mm with a No3 caliper.
Your frame might be 180mm standard size,
I've tried, the curved part of the adaptor hits the caliper piston bit, big rotors all around then.
What number are the calipers ?. As per table it would suggest they are No8.

*** Keep in mind some brakes are +5mm. So the M4's will be for 165mm/185mm/205mm and if you have a 200mm or whatever, it might not be the best fit. Be aware though that you can put washers between the pm adator and the frame to lift it if its too tight.

Ok, what I've ended up with are 203mm discs, I found them in a box. The rear fits ok, although it looks like there may be room for a 205mm? The front however needed a washer under the adaptor to clear the 203, so maybe a 200mm would be correct?
The bike, on one bootzipper, came with 180 front with a 20 mm spacer, so 160 posts? The rear came as a 160mm direct on the posts.
It doesn't make any sense,but they look great and work well.

Latest posts

Back