HONC 2018 -Who's in?

tim75":3hmzggm6 said:
Not done this before but everyone seems to talk about it so thought I'd give it a go, I'm 1171.

How hard is the 100k route?

I've done it three times, and I'm still alive. Broken but still alive! :LOL:

Mike

Tim

Its the weather that's the key factor

Last year the bike came back covered in dust and the year before the wheels has to removed to clear the mud as the wheels stopped going round.

The short one is more enjoyable unless your Muz

Re:

As Spud says weather is key, as is bike fit.

I've done it axle deep in mud and I've done it dry.

I've also been crucified by a retro steed that was okay for a few miles but killed my back (and nether regions) over a long day.

What's nice is it's a figure of eight course with two long halves and two short halves. If you're not sure you can change route at the halfway point to either make your day longer or shorter depending on how you feel.

As I said we will be going out for an unofficial potter on the Saturday if you want to join us.
Last year we did the 50 on the Saturday and 100 on the Sunday

Will you be on the Torus?

Re:

Tim
If it is muddy, can't be worse than the last Muz fest we went on, in those conditions 50k got to be plenty.

Re: Re:

Gerard":3hmfs0b0 said:
Tim
If it is muddy, can't be worse than the last Muz fest we went on, in those conditions 50k got to be plenty.

Believe me, it can!

:LOL: :LOL:

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1vfnt2t9 said:
Gerard":1vfnt2t9 said:
Tim

Believe me, it can!

:LOL: :LOL:

If your at the back you'll witness 1st hand what 1,500+ tyres can do in the wet...

As others have said at about 35k in you split off so you can make your mind on the fly so to speak as to what you fancy doing.

The mass start past THM towers is always a good laugh.

Re:

I'm aiming to complete the 100K. I'll see how I'm going at the split point. If hte weather's really shite or I'm not going as well as hoped, I'll bail onto the 50K.

Back