HONC 2018 -Who's in?

Malmaison, and dinner at a restaurant called Lumiere, looks quite fancy

Still having the night away, just need to be b@ck for a 12.30 start

Re: Re:

player":otdf2k40 said:
Well if this weather carries on we'll be complaining about the dust and how hot it is in two weeks time :LOL:

I hope your right, last year was exactly that dry warm and dusty and with the biggest field from RB ever this year I must admit I’ve had the sinking feeling everyone’s gonna turn up for a cold wet mud fest

Last year I had red sun tan marks on my legs.... year before I couldn’t see skin for the mud.

Re:

Yeah these next two weeks will be crucial weather wise.

We could be lucky with just a little bit of mud if it stays dry from now on i guess bar all the pinch points like gateways and singletrack.Lets hope!!!

Re:

I'm sure you've all got the same email, but just encase.

HONC Admin":2xirgang said:
Dear HONC supporter,

The big day is nearly with us & we are looking forward to welcoming you to Winchcombe for the 34th running of the HONC.

Please bring your Entry Confirmation email with you to register.

Registration opens at 07.30hr & HONC starts at 09.00hr.

Please note there has been a late route change on the 100k route at Salperton after 76.8 km (47.7 miles) which is not reflected on the printed OS map you get on the day, but has been changed on the link below and will be signed.

Please use the links below for the following:-
1. GPX Files for 50 & 100K routes (Sorry but we don’t have the resources to advise on converting these files to other formats but there is plenty of advice on the internet. You will get a printed OS Route Map on the day)

2. PRE EVENT INFORMATION a) Briefing Notes b) HONC signs & route markers c) Emergency Contacts (you will get a hard copy of these contacts on the day) Please read these.

3. HONC Image Gallery Sussex Sport Photography are again the official event photographers - their gallery will be available soon after the event & you can register to receive email notification and you can find images by helmet number.
[edit by Spud]
make sure your number is on the front of your lid, that way you can search the gallery rather than idly trawling through hundred and hundreds of pics

The ground conditions are still very wet in places and the weather forecast for the next 10 days is uncertain. So look at the forecast the day before and come prepared.
Finally and importantly, please look out for sheep and go slowly past them as many are lambing at this time of year.

Regards
The HONC team

Mike Muz 67":2fzqp6kc said:
Twister":2fzqp6kc said:
We'll be staying in the white hart from Friday till Monday and going for our usual pre honc potter on the Saturday if anyone wants to join us.

Is that where the after ride shindig is mate?

Mike

Yes. :facepalm:

Retro Spud":2g04jr1l said:
Twister":2g04jr1l said:
Looking like a soggy ride, what tyres people running?

Yeah you could be running lol

Running (staggering), and carrying when the wheels won’t go round.

Thinking about investing in these: 26 x 1.35

Attachments

• 375C304F-D423-40FB-BF1A-47BA8634D30B.jpeg
    375C304F-D423-40FB-BF1A-47BA8634D30B.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 260

Latest posts

Back