Hi, and Help with GT

Looks like you have some nice bits on that too.

Good find ;)

definately don't laquer it, you will regret it.

Chris.

gt update & question

Hi ,just a quick update and thanks for the help so far.
Frame now polished see pic for results wet n dry1500, scotchbrite green with cleaner paste then autosol. finshed with polishing mop no substitute for elbow grease.once degreased then decals
& Megulars polish
Decals/ transfers on the way from Gil-m (thanks)
Going the elastomer route thanks on order. See how they go might swap for my old Pace r36`s
Tyres for now getting fire xc pro blue wall but have spotted new panaracer 2.0 Timbuk II skinwall from 1st flight bikes usa so might get them.
Once all the bits are in can get rebuilding.
Quick question crank is Shimano m730 5 bolt and old rings are SG C 36 etc CRC have shimano SGX 5 bolt 110mm replacement rings are these compatible?
Cheers

Attachments

• gt-polish1.jpg
    gt-polish1.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 1,184
  • manitou-3-strip1.jpg
    manitou-3-strip1.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 1,184
  • gt-polished.jpg
    gt-polished.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 1,184
Fine work there, triple traingles are a right pain in the erse to get into.

Lol you`re right there, trying to hold the frame was the biggest pain no tool /bike stand yet on order.
All those years of being single finally paid off ;) thank god the missis came along and saved the arm :LOL:

finallly

After what seems ages finally ready to take to the road/sorry trail.
DIY kitchen duties from the wife have kept me busy.
Thanks to Gil for the decals L,B,S Cycle Fix for some advice a few bits and help,;suspensionforkparts.com for the elastomers for manitou 3
Not quite there need another onza ho as one arm broke doing up and going to change to amber skin wall tyres when i get to it.

Attachments

• gt.jpg
    gt.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 298
Cheers buddy ,went well today on my commute, trail way and cycle path .
Defo quicker than the full sus rig liking the ride although the stem is mighty long but hey cuts down the wind resistance ( is this the way we used to ride) :eek:
What next ? going to enjoy it and see how sketchy it feels out in the wilderness :D

Latest posts

Back