Help thinking of buying a Carrera road bike! £269 any good??

Re: Help thinking of buying a Carrera road bike! £269 any go

Mindmap3":1glnnzl7 said:
Over shoes are the best invention! My Spesh road shoes are probably great in California with all of the vents in the soles, but in a UK winter all they do is give me numb toes!

One of the best things that I bought was a massively discounted wind proof Scott gillet. I wear it all of the time.

Yup, toe covers spring and autumn and shoe covers in winter. I rode all last winter in toe covers, and lost touch with my toes completely on an RB ride in the Cotswolds. Mind, it was snowing as we set out. Also agree on the gilets. I got mine for under a fiver on ebay. It has some Euro trade team name all over it, but as I wear it under my jacket, it really doesn't matter.

When it's really cold and dry (ha ha ha ha dry, anyone remember what that's like) a fleece skull cap that covers your ears is a great improvement to a cap.

Re: Help thinking of buying a Carrera road bike! £269 any go

Dry? What's that?

I'm Looking forward to getting out on mine tomorrow for a couple of hours. I am hoping that if we don't get too much rain tonight that the roads won't be too wet or slippy tomorrow.

Back