HELP !!! Opinions wanted - bad transaction on this forum.

Re:

"Is having a feedback link on your profile mandated for posting in the for sale/wanted threads here? I think it is on other sites."

I don't think so, no. Perhaps it is an idea though!

How would that work? You have to make a sale or a purchase in order to get some feedback in the first place. It's paradoxical, you can't sell or buy without feedback and you can't get feedback unless you sell or buy. :?

Re:

OK fair enough, good point.

Personally, I now avoid anyone without a feedback thread, it's easy enough to set one up for yourself once you have a transaction or two under your belt, or someone else can start one for you, I've done that for folks a few times when they are new here.

If a member has no feedback thread but a fair few posts in the for sale section, you have to wonder.....?

Re: HELP !!! Opinions wanted, bad transaction on this forum.

TheJackel2013":oggifxlm said:

mccoy_hockey_stick_its_dead_jim.jpg

Anyone can start a feedback thread, I've done so when I've bought/sold on here and the user didn't have one. Maybe set one up for the seller (as mentioned by someone else, not tricky to figure out who you bought from based on your own post history or a quick search). Whilst the seller doesn't have to link to it in their profile, it's there for anyone who wants to search.

I'm gutted for you Jack and I'll concur with the majority of opinions that you should receive a full refund on the forks but I'll add that given the state of them, you should get to keep them as maybe a garden ornament for something. Because they're no use for anything else. I hope you come to a satisfactory conclusion with it all.

I've also checked the original FS thread and I don't think it's unreasonable to suggest the seller knew they were wanked (technical term!) hence the ominously brief description and the deliberately staged and 'busy' photo. It's shocking TBH and tantamount to deliberate deception and palming off a dud for top dollar. :evil:

I'm all for naming the seller, but I'll leave that to you or a mod. I also hope that the frameset which he sold recently doesn't present any such issues and as far as I know, none have been found, so maybe this is an isolated albeit quite shitty sale.

EDIT: Furthermore, short of a site ban for this if deemed it was knowingly deceptive (I vote yes to that - because on second look of that crappy picture, one end of the handlebar is not even in the shot!!), the seller could at least get a ban on access to posting FS ads, due to breaching the clearly-listed rules for not leaving sold prices in the advert.
*rant over* :oops:

Re:

As mentioned previously, there is nothing to stop you creating a feedback thread for the seller Jack. There is also a dispute procedure within the classified rules http://www.retrobike.co.uk/wiki/Classif ... _Procedure

I don't see the need to name the seller on this thread as anyone can use the search function to locate the original ad pretty easily.

Hopefully you can reach an agreement that you are happy with and can put this one down to experience. FWIW though, I do think that more information should have been disclosed in the original ad.

Re: Re:

As far as I can see, the only problem with creating a feedback thread on behalf of another member solely to provide negative feedback is that those members might not acknowledge the thread and link it to their signature, so any subsequent FS threads they might create would not have a visible link to such a feedback thread. It's better than nothing I suppose, but then that's no different to a 'name and shame' post/thread anywhere else.

I'd forgotten about the dispute procedure, and hope than I and everyone else doesn't need to invoke it.

Back