Classified Rules, Guidance and Dispute Procedure
Please take time to read the classified rules & guidance prior to using the forum and website. These rules, guidance and conditions have been put in place for the benefit and protection of all forum users. Remember we at retrobike supply these adverts free of charge as a service to buyers and sellers. Although we will try to assist in case of problems ultimately this must be sorted between buyer and seller. If this is an issue suggest you use a paid service like ebay. Retrobike take no liability for any classified issues.
Classified Rules & Guidance
- Abuse of classifieds will result in a temporary or permenant ban from the entire site at the moderators discretion. Registering another username during a temporary ban (we can and will check) will result in a permenat ban. Two misdenmeanours will result in a permenant ban.
- No 'how much' posts in the main forum or elsewhere. If you really really need to ask how much your item is worth you may post on the "how much" thread here . We suggest you look in the classifieds, ebay or elsewhere if you are genuinely unsure of an items value.
- All adverts to include a price, this includes responses to wanted adverts. We suggest all adverts should include full details and a picture.
- No "offers over" or "best offer above" adverts allowed. If you want an auction go to http://www.ebay.co.uk and pay their fees.
- No more than five adverts to be placed at one time or on page one of the for sale or wanted forums. Extra ads will be deleted at the discretion of the moderators. Some discretion will be given if old ads are 'bumped' by other users. We stongly suggest you combine for sale posts.
- Do not 'bump' your sale or wanted post more than once in any 24 hour period.
- Parts must be in owners possesion before offered for sale.
- No commercial adverts. Mail email@example.com for commercial advertising details.
- Swap or trade adverts acceptable, please mark as such, i.e. FT
- Please mark adverts where you are giving away items away appropriately, ie FOC or KARMA
- Dibs are non-enforceable and strictly at the sellers discretion.
- Leave the price in the advert after the item has SOLD. This is good for future pricing of similar items.
- Do not remove description from item title, e.g. change it to SOLD.
- No need to post a reply to your thread when the item is SOLD (thus needlessly bumpiung said thread). Simply edit the original post to indicate the item is SOLD.
- Keep commentary on pricing to a minimum #the value of retro parts is very subjective.
- Some 'trading' is acceptable #wheeling and dealing is part of the retro scene. However if you are doing it consistently suggest you use ebay.
- Cross posting of adverts is not permitted, cross posted adverts will be removed at the moderators discretion.
- Use your common sense and discretion!
- Check the users feedback. Either through the feedback forum or by clicking the feedback link below their post.
- Do not use paypal gift, this breaches paypal's terms and conditions and gives no protection in case of issue.
- Exchange 'real' contact details like name, address and phone number before the transaction occurs.
- All items should be sent via recorded post.
After the deal
- Ensure the item is posted in good time. Equally ensure you leave a reasonable time for it to arrive.
- Use the feedback forum for all trades. Don't be afraid to leave bad feedback if you're unhappy - you could save someone else from having similar problems. If you wish you can also PM the seller to indicate the goods have arrived.
Remember we at retrobike supply these adverts free of charge as a service to buyers and sellers. Although we will try to assist in case of problems ultimately this must be sorted between buyer and seller. If this is an issue suggest you use a paid service like ebay. Retrobike take no liability for any classified issues.
In case of a bad seller or buyer please bear in mind all we at retrobike can do is ban them if fault is found.
- Hopefully you will have paid via normal paypal. In this case please raise a paypal dispute prior to opening a dispute on retrobike.
- You must make every effort to contact the other party directly before starting the dispute procedure.
- After 10 working days have passed since the transaction is completed you may start the dispute procedure by completing the Trading Dispute Form here in as much detail as possible.
- Allow 5 working days for a moderator or administrator to review your case.
- Public outing threads will only be allowed if a Trading Dispute Form has been completed and at the discretion of the mods and admin.
Please use it! It can be found here.
Banned Users, Temporary Bans and Bad Traders
Gold Trader Status
Gold Trader status is the gold standard for trading trust on retrobike - it shows the user has completed thirty deals without issue. To apply for Gold Trader status please read the guidance here.