HELP!!! Getting a brake cable through a stem internally....

Yes there is a bit of a stop going the right way through, for the outer cable to but up against. I had same problem, so push outer through from wrong way so its sticking out both holes then thread cable through that, then if you want you can pull outer out after but better to leave it in :)

You put a little bend in the direction of the way you want it through the stem

works 60% one hundred percent of the time,

Re:

Do you know anyone with any fishing gear ?

Length of fishing line and a small lead shot, put the shot on one end feed through and attach to cable by leccy tape pull through gently.

Re:

:LOL: :LOL: :facepalm: :LOL:

Will try again in the morning, self inflicted day off tomorrow due to the heat. I'm liking that idea Mark (one), it's first on the list....may work 40% of the times that 1 in 3 doesn't.....

Re:

I think I've had one of these, it feels like it hits a right angle and goes no further. I think I resolved it using a Jagwire cable, they have a rounded-off end so the cable cannot fray when inserting - this helps it turn the corner when pressure is applied rather than just fraying the end - grease it up and ram it in, you'll be reet!

Cheers
Matt

Re:

Cheers for all the help and suggestions chaps, will give it my full attention and try again tomorrow before I go off to buy more cider.... ;)

Back