gt zaskar build

This is awesome! That Bomber is soooo plush. I want to upgrade my 1994 Avalanche LE. Anyone know if our beloved GT's are compatible with modern drivetrains? I was thinking a mix of XT or XTR M9000 series or later. Maybe SRAM X9 or X0. Don't know if they play nicely with slightly older bikes tho. If anyone's tried, let me know.
The Bombers were the first fork of the 90's I ever rode and thought, finally someone has cracked it! The small bump compliance and the freeness of movement of the stanchions was a step ahead of anything else I'd ridden at the time.

A ?x10 speed groupset is definitely possible as my 2012 Cube Reaction runs non boost 26 wheels with 3x10 SRAM X0 and it runs fine. Can't comment on 1x11 though

Lovely build….

Now the frame has been prepped, when are you repainting it blue?

😂😂… only pulling ya leg!

I prefer it as it is… very well done on the colour combo 👍

Lovely build….

Now the frame has been prepped, when are you repainting it blue?

😂😂… only pulling ya leg!

I prefer it as it is… very well done on the colour combo 👍
🤣🤣 cheers, took a lot of flack for that eh! I got the bike I wanted though so that's all that matters to me. I know the tyres are bright now, but they'll dull down this summer. it rides well, only thing wrong really is the front brake, the linkages are really loose so they rattle when offroad. I'll get it changed.

Latest posts

Back