GT Xizang Serial number thread

Re:

Good idea mate,I'm surprised this hasn't been done before to be honest with the Xizang just because it's such an iconic bike or at least it is to me.

I know there are webs done for Kleins,Fats,Merlins and Yetis and why not for the Xizang and GT's in general.

Id like to think there's enough owners that would contribute to it or is there one already? Maybe something could be added here for the owners of different manufacturers abit like the 30 days of GT but for owners to contribute with there own bike diaries.

I have just become the new owner of a 1990 Xizang Le (internal cable routing & u brake)

Serial number is TTN 103
20" frame
Not weighed it yet.

Will need help with new decals if anyone can help.

Re:

What about the GT Lightning ti - are fame nos. & production similar? - I loved mine up until about 2008 when I foolishly sold it - I had one of these and was the 2nd best bike I've ever had next to my 19" HeiHei.

This has led me to think I really should get a Xizang in future as I miss my Lightning - so I will keep an eye on this thread, and anyone selling a 19"'ish frameset I'll be interested.

T'boo Ted":2hpvudx1 said:
Hey all,
i have been thinjking for a while to make a web page listing up Xizangs, a bikr like the bmw M car registry or YetiFan(except less exciting and low brow). Since I have a teeny bit of webspace, i thought, oh I could do that and brush of my bad html skills.

Would anyone be interested in that? Was thinking of just posting up a Picture, Country, Owner, Serial Number and build or variations on ionfo content on that. Something pretty simple and see where it goes.
Of course nobody may be interested or what their /bike details put on the net,thats fine.

thought I'd also add a page for Zaskar re-issue (as there is only 500 or less) then maybe move onto pyclones, Zaskars RTS/LTS etc and other models maybe one day or something.

Thoughts?

GREAT IDEA!

Was having a converstion on facebook on where Xizangs were made, blha blah and came up about the 20 Questions with Bill Duehring and seeing in there he mentions 1'st, 2nd and 3rd gen frames. Assuming 1st gen is the ti steel version (indicated in the interview [ignoring the all steel version]) anyone know what indicates a 2 or 3 gen frame? Maybe Ubrake vs canti? I'm guessing htere though.

None so far, I haven't got around to working on the site, work was taking up time and to be honest i'm crap at html... but now i'm off work, I shoudl really pull my finger out and get onto it... once I get the site started and reasonable i'll be fione, its the getting going thats i'm stuck at!

Back