Goodbye to ebay !

Giving this thread a bump. Note to those in the EU, I just got an email from Ebay Gmbh (Germany) that
my current listings on Ebay.fr will no longer be valid, and neither will new listings from the 1st July unless
I sign up to the "Ebay Payment Experience".

Starting to the think it's the end of Paypal rather than Ebay to be honest.

I’ve been in the new system a week now and it’s already quite annoying but I guess I’ll used to it.

I don’t like having to pay the postage myself and then wait for the money to hit. Purely from a organisation point of view.

I'm with you on that one! Not only from an organisational point of view, but an accounting one. What I think
would be actually better is that Ebay take the fees there and then at the point of sale - in that way, there
would absolutely be no need for sellers to sign bank mandates for Ebay just to take the fees out of the bank
account later. It's absurd really for occasional small sellers, and doesn't smell right.

This thread is good. I'm going to give this whole thing some more thought.

They do take the fees from the amount they send you.

The reason why they want access is so when you are forced to refund a buyer they just will take it.

Mmmh. That's the end of monthly fee billing then right?

EDIT: Surely Ebay will have access to your account to settle invoices too? How do they get paid
the insertion fees for items that are never sold?

A question, if I say have two sales on the same day, is that two transfers into the bank-account, or
is Ebay consolidating them to one bank transfer?

Sounds like they are really playing on the cash-flow game in their favour.

Last edited:
They combined multiple sales I to one bank payment thing for me the other day.

I get it, they are running a business, but as others have said a lot of sellers (like me) are NOT running a business and just want an easy, fair, cheap system to sell crap. What we currently have is a bit toss by those criteria. Shpock, FB etb are not really working for me either so eBay does have its benefits but I'm less and less inclined to give them my money.

Reactions: Woz
money is arriving about 2 working days later. And yes it’s combined.

I like the fact I don’t have to deal with paying the bill as I usually pay it every few days otherwise I think I’m rich and then a big bill comes.

Im interested to know how long the payments are held for after disputes, with the old system pp have held my money for up to 2 weeks after settled, many state longer times, i hope eb will refund/settle instantly as your not having to deal with two companies.

Makes me realise just how much I pay in fees when I sell an item on Ebay, plus vat on the fees.
I think before when fees were split between Ebay and PayPal I didn't notice it so much.
Selling an item on here/Gumtree/FB Marketplace is preferable for me, but ebay does reach a wider audience.

Last edited:
Yes, thats the main feature of eb, the wider audience, and some security. While not as cheap as free sites it is still cheaper, for what i mainly sell, than others like Amaz on.

Back