Good Modern STEEL MTB Bikes

Tbh i can see much advantage to a Surly over the Spa cycles range....ti for the price of Surly cr-mo! For gravel the Aubisque is a bargain....if you want disc...

A few other options

Soma make some nice mtb frames.

Their paint quality or powder coating plus clear coat is excellent. I had a Cross frame as my got to bike and it didn't have a scratch after 3 years. They also have a coating on the inside, I guess they last a life time with some care. But have become quite expensive like Salsa, 1000 € for a stock frame and fork are inflatious 😳

Their paint quality or powder coating plus clear coat is excellent. I had a Cross frame as my got to bike and it didn't have a scratch after 3 years. They also have a coating on the inside, I guess they last a life time with some care. But have become quite expensive like Salsa, 1000 € for a stock frame and fork are inflatious 😳
They have become expensive, I just looked at a frameset a few days ago. But then most bikes and parts have become more expensive.

Small trailer is 800 (which you can easily weld for a 100) + 2 wheels. (no fancy hookupmajiggy)
Hence I never bought it. But since I'm going all bikes nothing else I'm contemplating a big trailer/hauler since the Yak is not heavy duty.
(Sorry for thread hijack)
The trailer there is Donkey Trailers, cheaper than Surly (or bigger for the same price), still feels nothing special and thought it might be easier to just DIY make it. Not pleasant to ride if loaded more than 60 kgs, I think the limit is 45 or something.
Would go for Carla Cargo if I had to use it often, there is one electric Carla trailer at work and is probably safest to ride, even more expensive though.

Ragley make the Piglet, Big Wig and Blue Pig in steel. I have a Ragley Blue Pig and it’s an absolute weapon of a bike

Back