Good Modern STEEL MTB Bikes

I like my Surly's but yeah they're nothing 'special'. Just decent made frames designed for versatility which is something I can appreciate. They overlap a fair few riding cultures. I think their stuff is too expensive as well.

This trailer is 1200 euro's.
I need a welding machine, although that hookupthingymajiggy looks fancy.

Attachments

• surly.jpg
    surly.jpg
    492.1 KB · Views: 15
1200 is criminal

Small trailer is 800 (which you can easily weld for a 100) + 2 wheels. (no fancy hookupmajiggy)
Hence I never bought it. But since I'm going all bikes nothing else I'm contemplating a big trailer/hauler since the Yak is not heavy duty.

Last edited:
Small trailer is 800 (which you can easily weld for a 100) + 2 wheels. (no fancy hookupmajiggy)
Hence I never bought it. But since I'm going all gikes nothing else I'm contemplating a big trailer/hauler since the Yak is not heavy duty.
I imagine if you're going to be hauling proper proper heavy stuff, getting custom made or making it yourself is probably the best bet. I don't have the need to haul anything above the 60kg so the cheapo ones do just fine. What are ye intending to pull with it anyway?

I've never tried any of them but in my wish list are the Kona Unit and Breezer Thunder, both rigid bikes. A bit expensive for what they offer though. I also like the Ritchey Ascent, not cheap either but at least with a much better resale value...

Back