Giant MCM Team, ride impressions

Re: Re:

Mike Muz 67":1od2a7lk said:
Thanks Ian

The yellow stem is mint, so didn't want to change that. It will be on my next project ;)

The red one wasn't as good, with damaged decals.

Mike

Your welcome Mike ,

Well fair enough mate if the yellow stem is that good then it would of been a shame to alter it and now you've got me all curious to your next project and i know i'm probably wrong but that stem would look great on a Scott :) .

The red Kore looked okay but if it's not perfect then of course it's the obvious choice for a repaint any way it's certainly looking the part now ;) ..

Cheers Ian

Re: Giant MCM Team, small update, 16th Oct

Nice one Mike ;) and i didna know they did 180mm cranks as i thought 175mm was the max that any manufacturer did for mtb's :eek: ..

Re:

Neither did I until I joined this forum. I now have four sets of 180s !

XT M730
Sugino
Ritchey Logic
And these Race Face

Mike

Mike Muz 67":3p4h5fvn said:
Neither did I until I joined this forum. I now have four sets of 180s !

XT M730
Sugino
Ritchey Logic
And these Race Face

Mike

I wonder if these 180mm cranks have been made for specific country's or just made to order for the biggest size bike's in certain bike range's and tbh i'd never paid attention to crank arm lengths until last year when i was comparing a couple of cranksets to see which designs were similar only to discover they varied in length between 170-175mm but up until then i thought they were all a standard 170mm length for adult bikes and 160mm for kiddies :facepalm: but i'm defintely curious now to what sizes are out there ;) ..

Re: Giant MCM Team, small update, 5th Nov

Calm down Mike :LOL: .

They've certainly come up a treat mate :cool: so was it a dremmel n pad job or elbow grease n cloth ? ....

Re:

Electric drill and some polishing wheels.

Change of plan. Some other cranks I also polished yesterday will go on in their place.

White Industries, in 175

WP_20161105_10_28_49_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

I have other plans for the Race Face ;)

Mike

Mike Muz 67":244l8s4q said:
Electric drill and some polishing wheels.

Change of plan. Some other cranks I also polished yesterday will go on in their place.

White Industries, in 175

WP_20161105_10_28_49_Pro by Michael Murray, on Flickr

I have other plans for the Race Face ;)

Mike

Ooh! now they are really really really Lush! :cool: :cool: so i'm not surprised you decided on fitting these beauties even though i still like the Race Face these quite rightly seem more in keeping with this build ;) .

So are the Race Face going on a Full suss setup then ? ..

Re:

I don't do full sus :roll:

Honestly! The cheek of it! :evil:

:LOL:

Back