Ghost rider is on Tv and it made me wonder . . .

Cage went bankrupt so had to get money fast to keep up with his lifestyle so signed up for low rated films as this to pay bills especially tax.

jonnyboy666":2u6zeovp said:
A.I (the steven speilberg film

Ministry saved it (Speilberg is a huge Ministry fan).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKo_73_hzLI[/youtube]

Ocean's Twelve. The only time I've ever fallen asleep in a cinema, and I wasn't remotely tired. Oh, and Terminator 3.

Oddly, I love Lost In Translation, but I do understand why other people don't 'get' it. If you're expecting a straight-forward romantic plot, then the ambience and atmosphere would be a bit disappointing I guess. Broken Flowers was good too, in the same kind of genre.
Obviously the best Murray film was The Life Aquatic, though.

Matt Damon "hereafter" that was such a painful experience at the cinema

Also I was put through grease 2 not so long ago and that has to be one of the shitist films I've seen!! :shock:

I don't see many films, good or bad, because I more or less boycotted cinemas after seeing Jurassic Park 2. For reasons that still aren't clear my wife insisted that I should go with her to see The Da Vinci Code. Not only was it bad, it was so noisy that I kept getting woken up.

I've only seen two Tom Cruise films, Cocktail and Rainman. Both stinkers.

A controversial one that I absolutely hated was The Usual Suspects. Everybody raved about the twist at the end, it just annoyed me that I had sat through two hours of stuff that didn't even happen fictionally- surely it would have been a more efficient use of time to put the clever twist at the start. I do accept I'm in the minority on that though. Maybe I'd have liked it better if I hadn't had a decade of people telling me it would be the best film I'd ever seen.

BobToo":2gid4gs4 said:
Maybe I'd have liked it better if I hadn't had a decade of people telling me it would be the best film I'd ever seen.

Wish I had a pound for every film that's been similarly spoiled for me...

worst film, thats easy, Chicken Park. Seriously, we used to rent out all sorts of crap just to watch and laugh at the crappyness of them, but this, this was so bad, so bad.
Its bad.

Personally I've found some of the remakes of some decent films, truly awful - not because I'm over-sentimental about the originals, or have the on some pedestal, just that some very decent, iconic films have been debased, somewhat, by some thoroughly mediocre, or in some cases truly poor fiilms made as remakes.

There's not many films I can recall watching that I thought were truly awful - I tend to avoid anything unless I feel I'd truly enjoy it. But there's been several films I've seen that get well rated by plenty of people, that I thought were very ordinary, if that - Avatar, for example - plenty of hollywood cliches, and a very ordinary script and story, overhyped by intrusive CGI and 3D effects. I didn't hate it, I just thought it was very average, perhaps a bit of a poor story, really, only people seem to go batshit crazy over it, I can only think because of the visuals, because there's nothing great, unique, remotely interesting, or anything other than mediocre about the story or acting.

Back