Wanted 34.9 T/P F/Mech, 50/36 double chainset

elite504

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Hi folks,
I'm looking at completing a new hack bike for commuting duties.
Does anyone have a 34.9 front mech, must be top pull though, and capable of a 50 big ring.

Also looking for a Square-taper compact /110mm double. 50/36 preferred.

Anything kind of mid-range and up preferred. Long shot, but RX100 for the f/mech (if they ever did one) would let me match the rest of the groupset.
Let me know what you have!!

Got an XT one, I will check how snugly it goes round a 50T. Much will depend on seat tube angle. If it's road orientated you should be fine.
Also have a Campag Mirage triple which you can have for £5 posted, it is braze-on so will need the right size collar (I have a 31.8 only).

Edit: XT low band mech fits round a 50T ring comfortably, provided it's not a modern slack 66 degree seat rube.

Last edited:
Thanks Martin, Campag is probably a bit gucci for this ol commuter. I don't want to make her attractive.

Hamster, XT mech could work, if it's for older M730/1/2/3/5 for a 110 chainset. 94 on M737 for a compact chainset I don't think will work.

I've happily run later ones with bigger chainsets, it works PROVIDED it's not a bike with a very slack seat tube. The curve of the XT is still greater than a 50T chainring - I checked.

Shimano quote all sorts of stuff in their techdocs, which is guaranteed to work, however there is a big margin. If you like I can mount it to a frame and check.

Thanks Martin, Campag is probably a bit gucci for this ol commuter. I don't want to make her attractive.

Hamster, XT mech could work, if it's for older M730/1/2/3/5 for a 110 chainset. 94 on M737 for a compact chainset I don't think will work.
They're black and not blingy and only £20, so if that suits just let me know!

Hamster- incoming PM!
Thanks Martin. Sincerely. Not for me though these ones. I have a nice BB in hand for a Shimano crank. Moving to Campag, I really should change the BB also.

Back