Further Info on Peugeot Frame

Exe_gt

Retro Newbie
Hi everyone,

New to the forum and today purchased a Peugeot Prestige frame. I think it's a 1000 so the mauve/black fade in a 54cm.

The serial number stamped into the BB shell is Y2C31338 and the barcode sticker is 550095385318 with a 2 at 90 degrees.

I thinks its a 1992 and has the 708 tubing.

Any info would be great based on pics and understanding of the numbers.

Thanks

Karl

Screenshot_20231008-195727~2.png

Nice frame, I really like 708 tubing. They did the classic and tourist in it. I have 3 bikes with it and they all ride well. A short lived tubeset. I think it was replaced by 725. Someone will know for sure here.

Welcome to the forum :)

I like the look of this alot. One day i will get myself a Peugeot road bike. I remember the cheap end of the range still managed to look good back in the 80's. Local bike shop only sold Raleigh so my first drop bar bike was a Raleigh Ace. Annoyed the cr@p out of me because my mate had a Europa and the Ace looked pants compared.

The frame above looks barely used. What are the plans? Catalogue build? MGOOF? dream period parts?

Hi. Or even a point in the right direction to known explanations to decode as there seems to be several iterations giving differing results.

I have searched through the usual links found on this subject and the only brochure with a prestige is a 92 NL but the prestige is a HLE hybrid.

So further inspection shows the following on the barcode.

CF800 PCG8 541GP

So the nearest I can find is the frameset CF708PC.

I assume from this CF800PC is frame model but not sure why different as still Reynolds 708.

It's a 54cm but not sure about the other letters or numbers.

I understand 708 was originally produced in 1991/92 for sprinters and for some of the one day classics - hence the internal ribbing to give stiffness. Similar to Columbus TSX.

Latest posts

Back