Funny or strange bike shop stories.....staff or customers !

:LOL:

king it sounds like you dont exactly like your boss :LOL:

whats the most you ( this is a question to all ) have overcharged due to poo on the bike ?

just don't accept the bike with poo on it.

if it hasn't been noticed when the bike comes in we phone the customer and tell them that we will be charging £15 for it. if they don't like that come and pick it up.

poo contaminated bikes always seem to be morning bikes aswel which means the thought/smell/stigma sticks with you for the rest of the day, like CK said you end up thinking it's still on you for ages after. :x

but there is nothing more funny when it happens to someonelse!! :LOL:

then the chasing around the shop like playtime at school happens with "the lurghi hand" :LOL:

Ohh i forgot about that side of the job.............'cant you fix this puncture mate'..................'yeh clean your fecking tires first'............don't miss that !

lumos2000":2egj730t said:
Who else has been offered sex in exchange for a discount?

you should try selling bodyjewellery! i have to keep my verniers strelized and warm ;)

The first time I read this, I read it as 'Who else has been offerd a sex change for a discount'

jonnyboy666":37x1djcg said:
just don't accept the bike with poo on it.

if it hasn't been noticed when the bike comes in we phone the customer and tell them that we will be charging £15 for it. if they don't like that come and pick it up.

poo contaminated bikes always seem to be morning bikes aswel which means the thought/smell/stigma sticks with you for the rest of the day, like CK said you end up thinking it's still on you for ages after. :x

but there is nothing more funny when it happens to someonelse!! :LOL:

then the chasing around the shop like playtime at school happens with "the lurghi hand" :LOL:

no one chases me round the shop as im bigger faster and smarter than the rest and i dont take no shit :LOL: :LOL:

It's not all shops that are too fussy about dung on tyres.

A lot of my current job is warranty handling - last week a dealer sent 2 UST tyres back as "bent bead" when they'd both been ridden over something that had made a small hole in them. One of them had a substantial amount of s..t on.

Now I know this is a retro forum so for those that don't know - tubeless tyres are a bugger to get on and off. And this one had been removed without being cleaned first.

But most dealers in this country will charge a punter £40 if a tyre has crap on it. Just as deterrent. It usually works.

Went to a bike shoppe [actually hes purly a wheel builder but they do everything else]
To have a CK fitted and needed the headtube reamed ,this shop is ay out in the country and takes about a 1hr to cycle there.
I went through every single muddy puddle or cow pat i could find and by the time i got there ,there was so much mud and poo clinging to every part of me bike it looked like i'd just done a 24h race.
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
nobody could work out how i got it so muddy on a well used route[ :roll: ]
left the bike mechanic grumbling for the rest of the day about 'folk not cleaning their bikes'

Normally when i take a bike to the shop its as clean as clean could be[bit proud,u know how it is :LOL: ]and moan about his oily prints everywhere

Revenge is a dish best served pooie

ok enough of poo i think...............lets talk about cake or something......................you know what it's like trying to eat in a bike shop..............lucky to finish your sandwich by closing time...............well i used to employ the 'stuff as much into my mouth as possible technique'.....................and if the phone rang i would wait............or leave it............or if a customer came in i would just nod or shake my head till i'd finished.................seemed to work ok...............but one day i was about to put a whole pie in my mouth when a lady walked in ...........i couldn't stop myself it was going in (i was hungry) she witnessed the whole thing being pushed into my moderate gob and started pi**ing herself.................this in turn did not help my mastercating..............i was trying to laugh , breath , and eat at the same time..............she watched me like a circus freak till i'd finished and told me she often caught her husband doing the same thing.............i was really embarressed :oops:

Slightly off topic and unfortunately poo related but back in my landscape gardening days strimming dog turd was a weekly hazard, my record was three in a day, and I had to go home and change!!!

Still not as bad as having to strim the municipal garden where the tramps slept........and pooed in bags......only hit that once........ :oops: bleaurgh!!!

Back