Funny or strange bike shop stories.....staff or customers !

dbmtb":3lickjsp said:
Who else has been offered sex in exchange for a discount

Yes, but I really had to say "That's all right sir, and we're always happy to drop the price for pensioners....."

I still regret it, mind................ :p

"Who else has been offered sex in exchange for a discount? "

kin ell i wish :( i used to get loads of yummy mummies . i guess the kids were smart enough that if they sent mumsy in with their bike then mum would inevitably pay for it

i know the local bmx lads quite well and one day one of them came in with his mum and some mates . next day one of the lads said the mum fancied me :LOL: , got me thinking naughty thoughts for a bit :oops:

had a lass book a bike in under miss chevus

i unknowingly worked on abby titmus bike . an elderly gent dropped off a female bike and left the name of titmus .thought nothing of it , was talking to a mate one day who said she was local :LOL: :(

The shop where I worked (many, many moons ago) had a mechanic who could ride a unicycle

He decided to try and ride down the metal staircase from the upstairs store room one day – needless to say didn't end well and we had to spend the rest of the day explaining to customers why their bikes weren't fixed. Half were angry, the others just p•ssed themselves and said don't worry I'll pick it up tomorrow.

–––––

Same mechanic, whilst out on a works ride, pulled a wheelie and took the front wheel out – very clever – until he accidentally dropped it and rode over it :LOL:

bike shop tales

I USED TO WORK FOR A BIKE SHOP
GENUINE TELEPHONE CONVERSATION
CUSTOMER DO YOUR SELL DAWES ?
SHOP LAD ,SLIGHTLY NEW TO JOB " no we're a bike shop " THINK DOORS
SAME SHOP LAD WAS ASKED " DO YOU SELL TUBS?
HE ANSWERED " WHAT DO YOU WANT TO PUT IN THEM?

SHOP

BEST ONE I OVERHEARD
CUSTOMER"ARE THE DROP OUTS FORGED "
SHOP SALESMAN "NO! NO! THEY ARE THE GENUINE ARTICLE!"

Who else has been offered sex in exchange for a discount?

you should try selling bodyjewellery! i have to keep my verniers strelized and warm ;)

Sorry to be a moan, but don't get anything done at Berkshire Cycles in Crowthorn!

I was staying at a friends near there and planning to go for a ride in the lovely sun and fine countryside. Didn't have the tools to replace my bottom bracket. Took my 1991 Clockwork in, came out missing the silver caps from the black DX cranks and noticed that the arms were now threaded! Asked where the caps had gone, to which I was at first told there were none on the bike, and after much insistence that there were, told that they were busted and in the bin! Not to mention a nice big chip to the paint by the bottom bracket+the bb wasn't sealed flush to the frame. They had not a clue. They were so oafish and dim, that instead of trying to get any sort of discount, I left, fu<king stressing.

Been needing to get that out, and figured this was the place.

Am I overreacting? Should I chill? Shouldn't people try and do their jobs propperly and perhaps well? gripegripegripe......

Shop related incidents

Last summer,a work experience student came in our shop,from the garage next door.He said he had been sent round to ask if we had a menstrual cycle.I kept a straight face,and replied that i was unlikely to be able to help,being male,but that his mum may be of some assistance.He left,none the wiser,a shop full of people pissing themselves.And he is one of the brighter people we get in!! :D

Back