Funk unicorn

Re:

Having now put it back together I have a theory as to why the parts became detached in the first place.

There are a pair of Nylon bushes within the caps which are held in place by a collar (see arrow), which if you don't know has to be unscrewed first it will prevent the stanchion being pulled out as there's another bush at the bottom and there's a few mm of interference.

If someone tried to pull the legs off and the hard anodising wasn’t strongly bonded, then could it be that this gave first??? IMG_8226 (3).jpg

Last edited:
Re:

I started this thread a year ago today and I thought I'd be a little further on from where I am now!

Going to get a little distracted for a while putting the older fork on the Pro Comp plus I've got some tweaks to make on the Mountain Klein, so it'll be a couple of months before you see any movement on this.

In the meantime as a place holder let's start from the beginning with a new image... Funk f&f.jpg

Last edited:
Re:

Doing some digging earlier today and found this. Now I'm questioning the build direction... 🤦 Funk FORCE GS ad_1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Re:

Swede":2ahliwy5 said:
Doing some digging earlier today and found this. Now I'm questioning the build direction... :facepalm:

:LOL: sometimes you have to let it talk to you - other times you have stop over thinking things

....but which one ?

Re:

That picture does look very nice but the new fork is silver, so I think I'll stick with the plan for now ;)

Re: Re:

Swede":14glfo0c said:
That picture does look very nice but the new fork is silver, so I think I'll stick with the plan for now ;)

Right choice :D It's going to look amazing

Re:

I seem to have amassed quite a bit of Funk clothing now and that is on one of the items I got from an ex-Team Funk rider. I'll put up some pictures now and again, so's not to bore you too much. ;)

In the meantime... here's a picture of the F&F together as they should be. IMG_8992 (2).JPG IMG_8985 (4).JPG

Last edited:
Back