Full XT old skool Klein

trailwright

GT Fan
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
There you go then, I'm late to the party! But ok, what's the catch then? Why's it been for sale for so long as it looks in reasonable nick? Seems a very keen price for the Klein fanboys.

There you go then, I'm late to the party! But ok, what's the catch then? Why's it been for sale for so long as it looks in reasonable nick? Seems a very keen price for the Klein fanboys.
It's a good price for what it is, in my opinion though it suffers from unfounded association with the film of the same name, Top Gun the movie is a kitsch classic, it has been described as a camp classic, which isn't necessarily an image that fits with rugged off road cycling, plus there's the simple fact that people who don't know that there is no link at all between this bike and the movie, except for the lawsuit brought by the film makers that forced Klein to change the name from Top Gun to Rascal thereafter, it might appear that it was made under license like some weird piece of cheesy film memorabilia, again something that just doesn't fit with MTB.

All that aside though it's a very nice well spec'd classic in what looks like great condition, perhaps one of the rarer early 90s models because of the forced name change, and it is surprising that it hasn't sold yet. I've seen much less interesting bikes sell for more over the past couple of years.

Back