Knackered old mid 80's Muddy Fox Rambler 'press bike' .....maybe.

Synthiaks

Senior Retro Guru
Last edited:
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Survivor, deserves some TLC and hopefully it will be brought back to condition deserving of it's pedigree, some nice parts there

Nice bike, unusual.

Is it definitely a Muddy Fox? The two toptube decals are both out of place and misaligned, plus what's that stamp/engraving at the top of the seat stay? Araya maybe? But why would they put two more badly aligned MF decals along the TT?

araya.JPG

Last edited:
Nice bike, unusual.

Is it definitely a Muddy Fox? The two toptube decals are both out of place and misaligned, plus what's that stamp/engraving at the top of the seat stay? Araya maybe? But why would they put two more badly aligned MF decals along the TT?

View attachment 810427
Early Muddy Fox's were made by Araya in Japan. For instance:

Early Muddy Fox's were made by Araya in Japan. For instance:
I know early S&Gs were made by Araya, but not all Arayas were MFs, just wondering why the strange amateurish decal application.

I like it but it’s a bit far gone for that sort of price. It’s possibly had a hard life too, mismatched brake setup, wrong front wheel. I’ve not come across many of these that look “original” like this that have those parts incorrect.

Back