Knackered old mid 80's Muddy Fox Rambler 'press bike' .....maybe.

I like it but it’s a bit far gone for that sort of price. It’s possibly had a hard life too, mismatched brake setup, wrong front wheel. I’ve not come across many of these that look “original” like this that have those parts incorrect.
Agreed. If all original and without questionable decals then maybe it'd get bids at that price, but as it is now - very optimistic.

Its definitley an orginal MF Araya framed Rambler. the early MF and S&G cycles had those stamped Araya logos & serial numbers as think they were just rebranded here as MFs...as this pic demonsates, basically the same bike.

Screen Shot 2024-01-11 at 18.19.11.png

The decals might be something to do with it supposedly being a press bike and they are the old waterslide type MF used. agree looks crappy and weird though, also like it never had the Rambler decal on the top tube. I didn't notice the front wheel, but the tinworm had got under the paint so no saving it without a respray which is uneconomical unless someones desperate...probably best to just fettle and keep as is. if it was half that it would be worth a punt as they don't come up very often, the Rambler was one down from the Monarch in spec & price.

That's lovely (despite the wierd decals), not seen one come up for sale for a while. The price is way too optimistic for the condition though.

Back