full sus recommendations please (lightweight for xc use)

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
:cool:

brocklanders023":2tlw1ly0 said:
The reason I think that about the fork is tha I bought an Orange 5 at the back end of the 2006 model year that was meant to have these forks but they had run out so I got the 2007 floats!
ah :D

so it could be an 06, or SC had stock of the 06 forks and used it on the 07 bikes :)
(international supply chain vs uk one?)

hmm.. just found out i'm getting a decent bonus for xmas, wasn't expecting anything. can afford a few extra hundred in the kitty. top of budget likely now 700. but being under is good as it means i can have a a splurge on handlegrips/seat/anything minor i need to sort.

santa's wishlist

santa cruz superlight
specialized stumpjumper expert (brain one)
specialized stumpjumper elite
specialized epic

update: hoping to see (and prob get) the superlight on sunday/monday. got no response to msg yet, prob as its xmas day :)

Re:

530am start, almost 300 mile round trip and I am now the owner of a Superlight!

It's in very good nick and is a 2009/2010 frame, it was built up in 2010 after owner hurt back in 2009. All XT apart from rear mech which is a fast rise XTR and hope mono mini hydraulic brakes.. All for 500 :)
Not home yet, doing xmas family stuff.
Pics and deeper investigation when home :)

quick update.

forgot to mention the guy raced xc and was once sponsored. bike was built to order after the (non mtb) accident. he did race on this too (not like he used to be able to he says).. he also used to work in a LBS, so its meticulously maintained.

almost everything is 'race face' even the BB, the headset, crankset, arms etc..
the only non race face items are the mechs, the shifters the brakes and wheels/hubs

front wheel mavic x317 disc with hugi dt swiss 240 hub
rear wheel mavic x717 disc with dt swiss 240s hub

its a pre 2010 as it has the frame gusseting removed from 2010+ (source: http://nsmb.com/5172-the-history-of-the-superlight/)

serial number leads me to believe frame itself is a 2007 (well the new design was only made 2007 and 2009 before the gusset changes)

forks are fox f100 rl 100mm
rear shock is a fox rp23

although superlights aren't as light as the name sugests, they still can be when built up.

think i need to get it on some scales :)

Re:

Good buy! You did the right thing waiting on a superlight. a bit more interesting than a specialized and all the rave reviews can't be wrong.

Enjoy and post some ride pics asap

Back