Fox Hunting Prosecution

Re:

I could never be a fruitarian.

The repercussions are very bad if I eat too much. Trust me!

There are extremes to every argument Harry.

I have been vegan, vegetarian and all the other words over my near fifty years.

Never felt the need to have an animals chased, dug out then chased again and torn apart to fill my stomach.

I think there is a point here.

It is not a party political matter.

The right wing and left wing are all represented in the lobby against animal cruelty.

As bikers, I do feel most people on here are more aware and sympathetic to matters regarding the wild animals we encounter on our adventures.

Earthy sorts, I feel we mostly are.

Glad this did not descend into a political or otherwise bunfight.

I don't judge anyone, and it is nice to discuss a serious matter without excessive friction.

For as long as I have been on here, Tin Tin has been an advocate of animal rights, as well as other rights for people across the world.

I have to respect that.

One of my pals once jumped in a canal to protest against the fishermen.

He made the Manchester Evening News.

Perhaps people think fishing is on the light end of animal cruelty, but news about objections to it perhaps sends people in the direction of the butchers chopping off rhino horns from live animals.

Who knows?

66 triumph daytona":3j2i0bu3 said:
mkone":3j2i0bu3 said:
:facepalm:
Great input.My point being that fishing was brought up in a fox hunting prosecution and it has no relevance there.

Not really into having to explain myself but, the discussion expanded to cover animal cruelty in general, which absolutely includes fishing.

Your contribution was to state you enjoyed fishing and shooting, I assume you meant animals?, which of course is entirely your choice, but one I felt was wrong on so many levels, and then to compare the actions to drinking wine!? I felt it was better to just resign my response to :facepalm:

I'm of the opinion that all mammal/avian slaughter, for whatever legal reason, should only be carried out by trained professionals in a controlled as possible enviroment.
Ritual slaughter is unavoidable but steps ensure thats as quick as it can be. The knife used there is as sharp as it can be and the edge unblemished. Particular attention is paid to that aspect. The hand is practised.

I'm not for fishing, don't like fish, but it's a blood sport, no matter how popular a pastime it is. As a source of free food in times gone past is understandable as an origin, but these days thats not the primary reason.
Fishing in industry can involve butchering while the fish are still alive. I accept that 200 miles out to sea the job cannot be involve waiting.
I've not been involved in culling or stalking for that matter, and Venison is a product we use so I can accept a need for us to kill them for food. I will say though that the sale of the animals life to an amateur, out for the weekend. should be discontinued and the job left to those who slaughter and are trained and licensed to do so.
The killing of foxes should also therefore be left in the hands of these professionals, with shooting being the preferred method. Running an animal to a horrific death is wholly unacceptable.

Back