Fox Hunting Prosecution

I wouldnt have much time for fox hunting but as a rural dweller I would have more distain toward the (urban Champagne)animal rights/hunt sabateur movement.

Re:

This subject sickens me to the core. If they have to be culled - which I don't believe they do - there are far more clinical ways to do so. If they do escape, that's not always the end either, as dens will be dug out until a fox is literally scared out of it's den, or one is caught in it.
Sport? I don't think so!
There has been a distinct lack of fox road kill this week. I'm staying in the Forest of Dean, a far greater expanse of countryside than the south coast where I live. I think that because it goes on, people feel justified in taking the law into their own hands. As with badgers.
I often think that foxes are caught/shot and dumped at the side of the road to look like road kill, and the same could be said of badgers. But that's a whole thread on it's own.
In my own little world, I'm pleased that the foxes I feed every night, are relatively safe, compared to those living in the countryside.
Has the ban been officially lifted yet?

Mike

Re:

I like foxes too. They are important predators and scavengers in the food chain. However, I question the so called 'clinical methods' used. People are far too sanitized these days. They are unable to process 'real outrage' against justifying events, as featured recently in the National News and like I mentioned in my earlier deleted post, so instead displacement 'outrage' becomes the new focus. Its very much a first world issue.

I find Halal a bigger worry for me than foxes. Sadly when you think foxes you also think sabs who I find more people have an issue with than the foxes being killed.

Many objectors of hunting/countryside and nature have a notting hill skewed view of nature and it's management. Personally I'd rather see no fox hunting but I know that more foxes die by cars than ever by hunting and yet we never ban cars

:facepalm: I very rarely face palm.
Yes, objecting to fox hunting with dogs is the very thing that defines hatred of the countryside and of nature. We all sit around in eco cafes decrying things like hay, and tractors, and wild garlic. Not to mention those darned streams and kingfishers. Down with that sort of thing!
:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

KDM":37vpg9t6 said:
Personally I'd rather see no fox hunting but I know that more foxes die by cars than ever by hunting and yet we never ban cars
Cars don't go around in packs searching the country side for foxes and then deliberately running them down for sport.

I wonder, much of what you say appears to be emotive rather than factual. Would you happen to have this years, last years or the years before's figures on the amount yearly of foxes killed by hunts? Just interested

I think there is a clear distinction here between culling for legitimate reasons (stock health, population control etc) by the most humane means available, and slowly torturing a creature to death in the name of 'sport'.

Killing for pleasure is not a concept I find easy to reconcile with a healthy mental state.

Perhaps you missed for some reason where I said "Personally I'd rather see no fox hunting "

I asked for figures because in today's social media world, it seems those who shout the loudest on the internet seem to be impervious to facts so I was asking what are the figures and not the emotives to establish is it widespread and whether it is or not, what are the figures? I have to say the emotive seems larger than the actual event.

Should they have had a free vote I suspect most people like me, would approach their mp asking what his opinion was and conveying mine that it really is a thing of the past. I believe that ipsos did a poll late last year where 84% of people polled said they would wish for the ban to remain, as it should.

When you feel you have a moral argument, you often have to have a factual one to back it up. My point was that there seems to be more emotive than factual events so simply I asked, what figures do you have to support it, is it as widespread as some would have you believe, or is it really so small that much of the objections are hype and not facts?

Back