Fox Hunting Prosecution

Re:

Interesting subject.

Fox hunting is without doubt abhorrent...but there's a great deal of cognitive dissonance when this subject is discussed.

As some have stated, the pain and cruelty is wrong at any level, but when you look at the numbers, it's peicemeal compared to western livestock rearing/butchering, and not just halal!

Re: Re:

Harryburgundy":x6e4o0uq said:
Interesting subject.

Fox hunting is without doubt abhorrent...but there's a great deal of cognitive dissonance when this subject is discussed.

As some have stated, the pain and cruelty is wrong at any level, but when you look at the numbers, it's peicemeal compared to western livestock rearing/butchering, and not just halal!

Agree. But some get fun from this. and call it sport

But animal farming, butchering etc is for meat eaters. And some countries this is carried out with a small degree of compassion. But this needs a great deal of world wide education on compassion in farming and whole human animal relationship? Which is very one sided to the harm of animals.
All round the world animals are killed for the fun of humans, Bull fighting, fishing, keep pets etc

Re:

Harry, there is no logic to that at all.

That skewed thinking would lead to a society where anything evil is fine if done on a relatively small scale.

I beat my wife now and then. Some people do it every night! Perhaps the law ought to be changed to take that into account, and turn a blind eye.

I find it hard to be outraged at anything less than a nightly beating.

I fish a few times a month and I absolutely love it.Without anglers the waters would be dead.Every angler I know have done their bit in reporting pollution,poaching and a few times a year my club organises working parties that clear up the mess left by joe public along the waterside.The licence fee is used to conduct surveys and restock waters.At Christmas I go for a shoot and enjoy it hugely.What next-I cant drink wine as its cruelty to grapes?

Re: Re:

highlandsflyer":1632ao1q said:
Harry, there is no logic to that at all.

That skewed thinking would lead to a society where anything evil is fine if done on a relatively small scale.

I beat my wife now and then. Some people do it every night! Perhaps the law ought to be changed to take that into account, and turn a blind eye.

I find it hard to be outraged at anything less than a nightly beating.

Forgive me HF, but I think you have introduced the skewed logic with your analogy.

Let's be clear here...I haven't eat meat for well over 30 years. I find all forms of animal cruelty abhorrent, but, if, globally, we had the power and resources to change things, fox hunting would be a low priority, along with foie gras production.

Harry,

I totally disagree.

Not for japes.

If you had all the resources to hand, you would of course deal with all animal cruelty.

Even then though, you would begin by addressing the most obviously undoubtedly savage forms of abuse.

Smacking our kids might be a bad idea, even illegal. The Moors murderers don't get a free pass because people smack their kids.

66 triumph daytona":1934adfb said:
What next-I cant drink wine as its cruelty to grapes?
There are people who don't eat vegetables as you have to kill the plant to consume it. Fruitarians. Fruit is different because the plant survives and produces more again.

So wine should be fine.

Back