Votes: 0 0.0%
  • don't know but looks shit

• don't know but looks cool

• don't care

• Total voters
Its the least i could do.You know the old saying?
If you can save another mans plums by lying to his wife, you are a friend indeed.

Well something like that! :D

Al.

I reckon...... you want a nice steel stem like a t bone or salsa and a nice pair of Ti bars :roll: keep the orange nice retro racy and light. Are you adding about a pound to a XC whippet. You've got the proflex for comfort on the big days/hills and the genisis too. Keep the orange rigid, Ive ridden neither flex stem or sus seatpost but reckon they would dislocate you from the bike and trail.

I had flex stem as standard on the Raleigh, but when I de Risered it I de Flexed it and people said i shoulda kept it, reckon I'll try it back on but really not sure now, mine would be a 1993 stem, seemed ok but creaked a bit.

As always Mr K you have provided an intelligent, well thought out and lucid argument to get rid of the flexstem, your logic I cannot fault.

...........however I kind of always fancied one BITD (just scratching the itch) and having broken both my wrists in the dim and distant past, I tend to feel the trail that bit more now I am a old duffer. Even on the smoother stuff over a longer day the wrists tend to complain :evil: . You know this place, I will prob put the flexstem up for sale in a few months anyway and I don't know if you noticed but I have just conducted a nice little bit of market research identifying the possible buyers ;)

:LOL:

Yeah got to say I fancied one too(don't add me to your list :LOL:) and velo seemed to get one with his at Glentress. I'll probably try one at some point maybe another build :LOL:

Flexstems were mostly crap, an evolutionary step towards a real suspension fork. The problem with them was that when you hit an obstacle the bars would drop, thus causing balance problems, plus they suspended your arms, not the front end of the bike.

Back