Votes: 0 0.0%
  • don't know but looks shit

• don't know but looks cool

• don't care

• Total voters
I used to have one and they are good for taking the buzz out of trails, however they are called flex stems for a reason - you don't just get up and down flex :shock:

Not as cool as Alsopp softride!

Heavy ,don't work very well ,look geeky. Just my kind of tat! luv 'm.

Cheers,Al :D

I got myself a Softride and it's really good, weighs a ton and the spring's not really stiff enough for me, but good though.

Ramp up the preload and go pogo my man!

The weight isn't anymore than going with a sus fork. They are realy nice in flowing single track.
Do you have the softride stem on a hardtail? If you can try it on a softail, its just fantastic!

Cheers,Al

I ran one on my Orange Prestige and liked it. Remember it weighing about a pound though, which is crazy. At the time I suppose it was a choice between a pound more weight and a flexstem, or four pounds and some early Rockshox so maybe the weight wasn't such an issue.

Cool either way, i think the Syncros has a slight edge astheticaly though, only ever had a flex stem on a Proflex but that was so long ago i can't remember what it was like :LOL:

Yeah agree with you jimi, looks better with the syncros but feels better and my wrists were suffering after glentress, so this should help- velomaniac had one on his bike and he came out the other end smiling.

Russell you are spot on, it could make a great murder weapon in cluedo but I can't afford a set of pace forks yet so will have to do :roll:

Al and orange71 think you are right the alsopp does look super cool would love to try one of these- anyone had a go?

Sorry Kaiser thought the "rules" did not apply to modern bikes but I can see I had better get the bullet proof vest.

Thanks Jonny and dirtjumper ;) mmmmmmm titanium sounds good.

Attachments

• Yeti-Allsop-Jpws.jpg
    Yeti-Allsop-Jpws.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 815
Not tried an alsopp beam thing but would like to.

Then again i do get sea sick!

Al.

Latest posts

Back