First 'proper' ride after many yrs, many rants, some q's

I rode the southdowns way from Palmera Square, Hove, up to Devil's Dike and on to Littlehampton and back along the coast.

I knew to keep the sea on my left on the way out and on the right on the way back.

That is all.... :p

legrandefromage":3pqxja0b said:
Mr Footlong":3pqxja0b said:
The BB7's to have a static pad and this was dialled out to make sure decent contact was made with the disc (plenty of pad out) without the active pad having to push the disc over much. I always do them so that either side is just 2 click off catching the disc. Hearing the 'tssh tssh tssh of disc rub would do my nut, or do you all put up with that when you setup? The one good thing is that you can dial the active and the static pad by hand. Until I take the wheels off and have a good look at the state of the pads who knows...

unfortunately, as only one pad moves, a little 'tish tish' has to be put up with.

hydrolics dont have this issue...

Or Gusset (brakes not ladies pants :oops: ) mechanicals

making sure that whatever I get doesn't have ends prefitted to the hoses so I can get them through the cable guides on the frame

Good luck - they're pretty much all preassembled. Are the guides on the frame actually guides, or stops? 'cos if they're stops the hose won't go through anyway :) You can detach/shorten/refit hoses without rebleeding if you're careful, but feeding hose through guides will IMHO just lead to annoyance later on when you want to take them off. Cable ties FTW...

As for the Garmin, sounds like you've got it set to try and calculate your route for you, which won't work off-road because it doesn't know where the trails are. You need to upload a track (from a GPX file, which you might have to convert to a CRS for the Garmin to understand) and then display it. You'll get a nice wiggly line on the screen to follow. You don't want Routes, or Waypoints, or any of that. Just a Track.

legrandefromage":1elukv1q said:
I rode the southdowns way from Palmera Square, Hove, up to Devil's Dike and on to Littlehampton and back along the coast.

I knew to keep the sea on my left on the way out and on the right on the way back.

That is all.... :p

Works for me most of the time.

Back