FINISHED!One in the pink!....Kona Explosif project that is!!

awesome cant beat the satisfaction of a home rattle can job, it looks like a really good finish.

insperation for my next project.

sunchaser":ynohi926 said:
Nice job. How's it handle? That fork looks quite long for a '91 frame.
handles well so far. the forks are sid sl i bought new around 2002 which are set to 80mm, need replacing tho the air chambers are leaking.

very nice! the first pink bike that I actually like. As mentioned before, also a very nice wheelset. Always like radial lacing.

Wow another great rattle job, looks amazing.

Congratulations on a job well done.

Seat looks remarkably uncomfortable, not enough to it? Or is that deceptive?!

The paint came out great!

I have to say that the bar, stem, and seatpost look so out of place, and unfortunately its all you can see when you look at the bike. I'd tone it down w/ some hope, thomson, or syncros parts. if it were me that is.

Dhphat":1dzf05q9 said:
The paint came out great!

I have to say that the bar, stem, and seatpost look so out of place, and unfortunately its all you can see when you look at the bike. I'd tone it down w/ some hope, thomson, or syncros parts. if it were me that is.

I agree with the above, the seatpost and stem look too "roadish" for a mountainbike and I'm going to be plain contrary and say that I think that it would have looked better just pink, without the fade to white.
The pink is nice :cool:

Looks from the photos to be a huge saddle to bar drop, which may be ok on the road but wait till you get some proper tyres on it and use it where it was intended to be used :roll: .

im in agreement with bar,stem and seatpost comments; they are roadish and was'nt impressed initially but they grew on me. It would have been better to have less or no branding on the finishing kit ,as it does ditract from the paint job really. I was going for the co-ordinated Race Face kit type look, but tis a small price to pay for cheapish lightweight ebay stuff.
Unfortunately i have the knack of cutting steerer tubes too short, this one was however done in fustration after trying to fathom why i was getting play in the headset, so i went shorter in a late night fit of desperation to solve the issue;alas it never worked because the problem was not in the headset but in the disc brake rotor bolts which had worked loose after not tightening enuff.Even the local bike shop boys missed that one!!!the ride height has never been a big problem, although i am trying to get another longer steerer sid now, as i think at age 41 my back is starting to dislike all-out racedown positions for more than an hour.

Back