FINISHED!One in the pink!....Kona Explosif project that is!!

Did you use the standard spray can nozzels or some of the better ones you can get just the colour fading looks very nice

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. i used all the standard off the shelf nozzles . just gotta have some idea of what ur doing and go for it.I actually did look into diy spray painting tips on the net for a month before i started. I haven't followed all techniques like sanding between coats, in fact i only sanded before primer and putting laquer on, so we'll have to see how it holds up in the real world.

Now building with a vengeance,got some wheels from Rojo,new and old bits from the bay and scavenging from my other bike and raiding the spares box.
konapicture2010015.jpg

konapicture2010017.jpg

konapicture2010016.jpg

konapicture2010019.jpg

konapicture2010018.jpg

Last lot of pictures till im finished now!

armitage":2zwcmh5v said:
Now building with a vengeance,got some wheels from Rojo,new and old bits from the bay and scavenging from my other bike and raiding the spares box.
konapicture2010015.jpg

konapicture2010017.jpg

konapicture2010016.jpg

konapicture2010019.jpg

konapicture2010018.jpg

Last lot of pictures till im finished now!

very nice mate :)

Ernie ;)

Wow oh wow that is amazing mate you done a great job :cool: wheels look great ;)

konapicture2010034.jpg

konapicture2010028.jpg

konapicture2010030.jpg

konapicture2010032.jpg

konapicture2010027.jpg

konapicture2010035.jpg
G]

taking it off-road tomorrow and will add a decent fat-tyre pic to the Kona's page. Must say it rides a bit more smoothly and not as harsh as all the aluminium rigs i've had. It does'nt accelerate like aluminium but you don't feel you're losing power through flex either. i've ridden a 1990 Lavadome and remeber it flexing before you powered forward, which was kinda strange.This frame seems to be somewhere in the middle.Now weighing 22ilbs.

Sweet! :cool:

Always fancied a pink bike myself. The white fade looks great too, especially with the colour-matched forks.

Super nice!

You are making me want a Kona, and I have promised making my new years resolution to not buy any new projects...doesnt leave me too long to source a frame!

Back