• silver XTR

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • red CK

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
John":3h6scilb said:
Nice, and I'm no kona fanboy.

The downtube sticker is ace, whats the story there?

Red headset to 'balance' the red at the back. Probably stick with a black post also. Have you considered a short stem with a bit of rise rather than a flat stem up near the limit? Might look cleaner.

Dropped the stem down and I must say, it looks a million times better. Not so akward anymore. Feels good, too. I guess I'm used to my bikes being a little bit higher in the front, but I can definitely get used to this.

Kona Paul":1wn0i7b1 said:
John":1wn0i7b1 said:
Red headset to 'balance' the red at the back. Probably stick with a black post also. Have you considered a short stem with a bit of rise rather than a flat stem up near the limit? Might look cleaner.
Dropped the stem down and I must say, it looks a million times better. Not so akward anymore. Feels good, too. I guess I'm used to my bikes being a little bit higher in the front, but I can definitely get used to this.
I agree with John. There's lots of plain black Explosifs about and they're great, but they don't all have to be like that. If you like red and black then a bit more red at the headset would just balance it out nicely.

Oh, I've just noticed I'm wearing black jeans and a red running top, so what do I know about it?

Agree about lowering the stem too. It's a 92 bike so why not ride it retro style!

Kona Paul":y1n96cod said:
Harryburgundy":y1n96cod said:
My personal choice would be silver...and the crankset too I'm afraid...red and black is just too Peter Stringfellow :LOL:
Of course...that's just my humble
Carl, at the risk of sounding ignorant, who is Peter Stringfellow? :)
Don't worry, it's better not to know!

Anthony":3mc2hhkt said:
Kona Paul":3mc2hhkt said:
John":3mc2hhkt said:
I agree with John. There's lots of plain black Explosifs about and they're great, but they don't all have to be like that. If you like red and black then a bit more red at the headset would just balance it out nicely.

Oh, I've just noticed I'm wearing black jeans and a red running top, so what do I know about it?

Agree about lowering the stem too. It's a 92 bike so why not ride it retro style!

Stem is lowered to where it should be and it looks ace. Looks like red is winning in the polls, and if Anthony is wearing red and black then i must be a sign! :D

Black and red is the choice for my bikes too, although I do like black and gold, black and blue, black and green etc :D
Peter Stringfellow hmmmm but he does always seem to have some bimbo, hottie, stripper type with him :twisted:

Attachments

• NAT-PETER-STRINGFELLOW_549500.jpg
    NAT-PETER-STRINGFELLOW_549500.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 771
Black and everything goes. It's probably not too clear in the pictures, but it's actually black with red and silver. I'm now thinking silver rings would be a nice touch, without getting to wanky with the bling. Can't remember who suggested the silver rings, but thank you.

Hmmmmm, that Stringfellow fellow might have the right idea, and I'm in a country full of blondes with big boobs. Perhaps they'll be attracted to my bike and want to hang out on weekends :D

looks great just like that---i wouldnt want to pull the headset all back apart for the sake of a color change--buts that just me, i suppose, function over asthetics---but i like the black tires and rims and how they blend in with the frame,all business---what size tires? they look bigger than 2.1

Back