Fillet brazed frame of mystery

Re:

I wonder if the main triangle is in fact all TIG welded and the fillets are just over the top of the weld.

Also, what is the purpose of little tube brazed on the chain stay in the picture below?

P1260299_zpsnszsemfl.jpg

Re: Re:

xerxes":geymirrb said:
I wonder if the main triangle is in fact all TIG welded and the fillets are just over the top of the weld.

Also, what is the purpose of little tube brazed on the chain stay in the picture below?

P1260299_zpsnszsemfl.jpg

That's for the other end of the pump to stop against

Re:

Indeed.
That's why it's bugging me that I can't find out who made this.
The closest to it is the Dakar I was hoping it to be. Bloody frustrating

Re:

Another one to add to the nearly, but not quite pile....

There are a few Supergo frames that share common details with mine, but again, no exact match

Re:

I wonder if the P in the serial number is for "prototype" ?

Would explain detail differences between your frame and the identified ones

?

Ive seen those seat stay tops on old Italian road bikes, is it a useful clue ? No idea. Fascinated though.
Defo build it up and enjoy it

Re: Re:

531brazed":27p68vc1 said:
I wonder if the P in the serial number is for "prototype" ?

Would explain detail differences between your frame and the identified ones

?

I was discussing this with a mate last night. I think the P stands for the builders prison number :LOL:

Re: if you are still looking

Don't know if you'd be interested but I have a 1985 jamis Dakar, all original components, original sales receipts and owners manuals etc. Nothing except maybe inner tubes has been replaced. It has maybe 200 miles on it and hasn't been ridden at all since the late 1980s. It's been in storage and not out in the elements. I recently had my regular ride around bike stolen and may be looking to sell the jamis so I can get a new set up. I'm having it shipped to me in Seattle from NY so I don't have pictures at the moment but I will post pictures as soon as it arrives. Let me know if you might be interested.

Back