Fat Chance Kickstarter

Re:

Look at it on the new Ritchey 650b frame. Even though it's tapered, the headtube has a crafted look to it with the subtle curve and flared ends.

2015-Ritchey-P-650B-steel-hardtail-mountain-bike02-600x399.jpg

Re:

Why do they taper and not use a big top nowadays and the counterpart larger stems. Seems odd to half and half it.

Just my thoughts.

But you have to remember this isn't about buying a bike. It's about getting Chris Chance back into the biking scene. If you wanted a top quality modern bike built by somebody from BitD and has been building them through the changes you could easily find somebody. Chris Dekerf for example and plenty of our homegrown builders.

You're donating to get an 'icon' to some peopel back in the game.

Remember to the younger lot, he means nothing. It's only you old farts that dreamt about out the bike.

Re: Re:

blilrat":2ebjf00v said:
Look at it on the new Ritchey 650b frame. Even though it's tapered, the headtube has a crafted look to it with the subtle curve and flared ends.

2015-Ritchey-P-650B-steel-hardtail-mountain-bike02-600x399.jpg

And then they go and Eff it up with the even bigger crime of the bent down tube.

I'm actually quite tempted by the new Ritchey frames. Modern geometry and features but with the classic looks and the awesome team colors at a decent price! Fair enough I would still prefer and old P-series bike but as far as new retro style bikes go, I think Ritchey did a great job checking all the boxes. The bent down tube is not my favorite but I understand it's a technical necessity (besides there are worse swoopy tube offenders out there). The fork could look more classic.

Re: Re:

suburbanreuben":14kohw5m said:
And then they go and Eff it up with the even bigger crime of the bent down tube.

100%

I can't even say how much I hate that little bend.

It makes me crazy that there are frames that don't need this, but have it because all the other frames have it.

Back