Fat Chance Kickstarter

halaburt":3hj9mpsz said:
Balloons!

16729609845_fa820392ca_b.jpg

:LOL:
Is that a 'goodie bag' for one of the lucky funders?

Re:

I assume that's the fat chance booth at nahbs before they've put anything on it, I must admit I am curious what other builders think of his return, are they pleased for him or thinking why bother? What have you done recently? Why now? My stuff is better but you're charging more? Your rep is irrelevant here?

I still think Chris coming back to the trade is a good thing for buyers and the man himself, if I had the money I'd buy one assuming the style of bike is something I'd like and I'm sure it would be.

For the record, I mean no offence with the above questions just curious what the current established builders (who may have loved his stuff back in the day when they were growing up) think about his return, there has been a lot of fanfare and discussion but while he's been away they've been building frames, do they think it's rude to just show up with all this retro hype about his brand?

(Disclaimer, I have not been reading all 30+ pages of this thread)

Re:

Given the reputation he and his bikes once had amongst aficionados, I doubt certain builders are too happy he's back. He has enough detractors. Those who have met him, got to know him and worked for 'him' really like Chris. If he had $10M in the bank and had relaunched to huge fanfare, maybe many would be more impressed. He's doing it organically one again, the hardway. He may fail spectacularly or gradually resume his place amongst the' greats' of bicycle design and manufacture. Only time will tell.

Haters gonna hate anyway. Personally, I think he just needs some time to set up his own facility and make it work, refine designs and ultimately produce some awesome innovative but not gimmicky frames. Too many of those about with pointless tube bends, 're-volutionary' dead end features etc.

I'm keeping my fund powder dry until he produces something that I need, like a light weight replacement for the SAB, preferably in titanium. I don't mind waiting either. :D

Re: Re:

suburbanreuben":fp7q7osv said:
M-Power":fp7q7osv said:
I doubt certain builders are too happy he's back. D
Like whom? (Insert swivel eyed furtive smiley).

I have no idea but it's logical the market for these US hand made bikes is far smaller than mainstream. Judging by FB its often the same individuals who buy most of them.

sinnerman":3ukl3ajv said:
Alan from Riverside might end up the UK distributor if it does all come out in the wash...

Interestingly they might not be able to sell them in the UK as Chris is not the Trademark owner for 'Fat Chance' in the UK, looks like someone in the UK grabbed the name for the use on bikes and clothes a few years back after Serotta let it lapse

https://www.ipo.gov.uk/tmcase/Results/1/UK00002584986

pete_mcc":3sw84mtz said:
sinnerman":3sw84mtz said:
Alan from Riverside might end up the UK distributor if it does all come out in the wash...

Interestingly they might not be able to sell them in the UK as Chris is not the Trademark owner for 'Fat Chance' in the UK, looks like someone in the UK grabbed the name for the use on bikes and clothes a few years back after Serotta let it lapse

BLOODY HELL....

pete_mcc":1hw0dy93 said:
sinnerman":1hw0dy93 said:

Is Chris Chance aware of this....? What are the legal (or other) ramifications if this then....?

Back