Farewell old friend

moonlite

Kona Fan
This handy tool came free with a copy of MBUK way back when and has never been far from hand in the intervening years -- across three countries and countless bikes. Yesterday I finally managed to break it, trying to remove a stuck chainring bolt. It has been probably the most useful workbench companion, even though it was a freebie and probably not a high-quality item. Will have to seek out a new version from Park or Pedro's. RIP . . .

(BTW, does anyone know when MBUK handed these out? It would be interesting to work out how long this lasted.)

IMG_7235.jpg

Last edited:
Despite a rack of Park T-handles and a nice drawer of Allen keys it’s a scabby old multi tool/folding set that I use by far the most! They certainly are old friends.

This handy tool came free with a copy of MBUK way back when and has never been far from hand in the intervening years -- across three countries and countless bikes. Yesterday I finally managed to break it, trying to remove a stuck chainring bolt. It has been probably the most useful workbench companion, even though it was a freebie and probably not a high-quality item. Will have to seek out a new version from Park or Pedro's. RIP . . .

(BTW, does anyone know when MBUK handed these out? It would be interesting to work out how long this lasted.)

View attachment 666759
I can recommend the Planet X equivalent, well made, cheap as chips and durable - with no placcy bits to break!

Back