Fake Chinese bike parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fancy posting some photos?

I've been tempted by the Klampers but I can't decide if it's bad chat buying fakes of stuff from a relatively smll company. I've interacted with Paul on insta a few times, I'm pretty sure he'd be pissed off if he saw me running fake stuff.
Are you sure that they are exact copy of Klampers? I saw at Ali a few disc brakes aesthetically similar to Klampers with chunky adjustment knob and orange and black but when you look for details, it is completely different brake....

Some more interesting items ive found in fake express.com....

They look alright eh?! I’ve just splashed on some real touring cantis, should I get hooky levers to go with them…?
I tend not to buy fake stuff, it's usually a false economy. I do have a genuine set of Paul's v brakes and levers on a build, lovely 3dv. That said, while they are clearly well made, I have been disappointed by the levers. They have a fair bit of play out of the box (new, not used), so I'll get round to shimming at some point to dial it out. I shouldn't have to though, and as it's all held together with circlips, I'm bound to scratch something doing it.

I'd be interested in a fake set to compare and to see how much play they have from new compared to my real deals.

Dunno about those WI cranks. The axle will be aluminium which I think is a bit of a no-no from aliexpress.

I have a set of cheapo Aliexpress cranks on a road bike but I chose them specifically for the steel spindle.

Also, that £85 is gonna be well over £100 by the time you checkout yeah? That gets you a pretty good used set of HT2 type cranks.

I don't necessarily think an alu spindle is a problem, from Ali. But I'd be reserved like klunkrider. The issue is weight savings with an alu spindle, I'd prefer a steel one myself. Lightweight alu is usually a no go for me from aliexpress if anything load bearing. I run a lot of aliexpress components and I weigh 130 plus kilos, so I do trust their things but I've experienced that very lightweight alu components don't feel very confidence inspiring to ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back