Fake Chinese bike parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
They look alright eh?! I’ve just splashed on some real touring cantis, should I get hooky levers to go with them…?
I certainly would if you like the look of them. I was pleased with the quality. I have bought real motolites from Paul's and that is 300 euro I'll never get back and I certainly would never spend that amount of cash again. I can't even get rid of them for 130 euro

I must confess out of idle curiosity I knowingly bought a Faux Chris King - seller was even up front about it

I was expecting square bearing but in fairness for the money it was okay .... however I wouldn't risk my teeth with a Fake bar or stem

I must confess out of idle curiosity I knowingly bought a Faux Chris King - seller was even up front about it

I was expecting square bearing but in fairness for the money it was okay .... however I wouldn't risk my teeth with a Fake bar or stem

I tend to shy away from buying components from China that'll be highly stressed/has dire consequences if they fail. I've since broadened my horizon a fair bit, but when it comes to anything ultra-light, especially if an imitation, I'm not going to chance it. But their overbuilt alu/steel bars, cranks and frames are pretty damn bombproof. A lot of their carbon bars are also fairly good, but I don't get on with carbon anyway.

A guy (top bloke) i used to work with always reckoned a shop in sharm el shiek was the place where Rolex and Breitling disposed of their non QC goods. Of course it wasn’t and they were terrible fakes.

I did buy a fake AA rated submariner in Bangkok a few years ago simply to see how it compared. It was visually close but not close enough and felt like crap. The AAA ones were scarily close.

On a similar theme. I was intrigued by these Fake Paul levers and how they compare so I ordered a pair for sub £20 landed. I’ve no use for them though.

Impressed by how quickly they arrived. They are decent for £20. But they aren’t anywhere near the quality of a real pair and wouldn’t fool anyone with an ounce of knowledge.

I don’t think I’d be trusting them to stop me in an emergency even though they likely fine.

Same as a fake watch basically. Look almost right but feel totally different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back