Facebook Marketplace boils my piss

FB marketplace is a bit like the Wild West. I’ve travelled long distances to buy bikes and been blanked when arriving, had bikes sold before I got there as it’s generally used by people of low morals.

However my rules are never travel more than a hour and always collect straight away. It usually works … most of the time.

FB brings the bargains though it’s got to be said.

FB marketplace is a bit like the Wild West. I’ve travelled long distances to buy bikes and been blanked when arriving, had bikes sold before I got there as it’s generally used by people of low morals.

However my rules are never travel more than a hour and always collect straight away. It usually works … most of the time.

FB brings the bargains though it’s got to be said.
Yeah I don’t think I’d have even considered it if I hadn’t already planned on driving past.

I have a FB account only for access to Marketplace. I'm familiar with all of the above. I have no expectations with any seller, or buyer for that matter, as the experience is often likely to be less than exemplary. I find RB to be the most reliable - read honest - platform I've used.

FB Marketplace is maddening, but I have sold a load of stuff on there that really wouldn't have been possible any other way*, ie lower value bulky items. You just have to accept the volume of idiots and learn the terrain. It's worse being pissed around on eBay where people who don't collect wreck your listing by taking it off the market and you can't even leave negative feedback for them - in fact eBay seems to have no mechanism at all for penalising delinquent buyers.

*exception for NextDoor - having more success with this platform lately, smaller reach than FB, but higher quality of respondent.

FB Marketplace is maddening, but I have sold a load of stuff on there that really wouldn't have been possible any other way*, ie lower value bulky items. You just have to accept the volume of idiots and learn the terrain. It's worse being pissed around on eBay where people who don't collect wreck your listing by taking it off the market and you can't even leave negative feedback for them - in fact eBay seems to have no mechanism at all for penalising delinquent buyers.

*exception for NextDoor - having more success with this platform lately, smaller reach than FB, but higher quality of respondent.
Nextdoor....new one ..I'll shall look at this 👍

My favourite FB thing is probably people describing their rusty, covered in cob-webs, dragged from the back of the shed bike as 'mint'. I genuinely think people have forgotten the meaning of that word. Also, the worrying tendency to spell brakes as 'breaks' :oops: Ah, the joys of social media...

Back